Which Wellies?!

whisp&willow

Visit site
hi everyone! i was just looking for everyone's opinions on the best wellies out there!

hunters are not what they used to be and they have had their very last penny from me! I've had these ones less than 6 months, and although i could get them replaced (AGAIN!!) i cant be bothered. :mad:

i need wellies which are as warm as possible, and very durable, for day in, day out wear, walking the dog twice a day and up at the horses: i live in wellies!

be interested to find out what you all wear and how they fair!

thanks in advance!

v. x

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Aigle Parcours Vario. They are designed as a walking welly, with a proper footbed like a walking boot, and are neoprene lined - warm, comfy, excellent grip. I walk the dogs about 8 miles a day, plus mucking out, and two years in they they're still going strong.

AnotherNewbie

Visit site
Muck boots...I have the 'Derwent' version and they are fabulous. I have lived in them for years, and am normally the only person with warm feet! There are other versions, but make sure you get ones with a chunky tread...i used to have the 'tack' ones (i think) and they were like walking on ice the whole time as bottoms were so smooth! But i love my new ones, and if your legs get a little too warm you can roll the tops down!

Toffee44

Visit site
Aigle Parcours Vario. They are designed as a walking welly, with a proper footbed like a walking boot, and are neoprene lined - warm, comfy, excellent grip. I walk the dogs about 8 miles a day, plus mucking out, and two years in they they're still going strong.

These. I got them early christmas present and I love them. And even with chunky calves like mine I can fit long johns and jeans and a thick pair of socks in fine.

Brandy

Visit site
Interested to see these replies - my latest pair of hunters have about 6 splits in them, after about 6 months light use. They are not the bog standard ones either (which i have never rated) but were around £100. Very disapointing.

I think I must have the 'tack' muck boot - great when its cold for keeping feet warm, but hopeless in mud!

I need wellies that have grip.

Annagain

Visit site
I have Ariat Mudbusters and I really like them. I switched from Hunters about 18 months ago for the same reason as you and they're much more durable, still not showing any real signs of wear. The only difficulty I had was that the soles are much thicker so for the first week or so I kept tripping up as I hadn't got used to lifting my feet properly!!! They're not expensive either, I paid £50 about 18months ago.

Skyebald

Visit site
Another vote for Muck boots, my last pair lasted almost 5 years. Just bought another pair, I usually suffer from cold feet but always been toastie with these and two pairs of socks :)

Umbongo

Visit site
I have the ariat musbusters too. Had them for a year after I gave up hunters too. I really like mine, very warm and comfortable. Took me a while to get used to the big heel heel. I rode in them for the first time yesterday (normally wear riding boots but had forgot them) and was surprised at how nice they felt to ride in. They have stood up to a week in glastonbury festival mud too!

whisp&willow

Visit site
thanks guys! ;) i'll let you know how i get on! my hunters leave me with freezing feet (even though they are neoprene lined) and wet toes. my feet were blocks of ice this morning waiting for the farrier... and its not even cold! :eek:

the mud busters look nice- but the sole on the aigle boots look like they will stand up to more dog walking! the soles of my hunters are like silk at the mo...

Last edited:

sugarpuff

Visit site
I've had my aigle parcours (the non neoprene version) for 11 years and have just replaced them this Christmas as the had started to perish (although weren't actually leaking). Have lived in them for work, dog walking and at the yard and never got a blister. Well worth the money as mine have lasted years.

jesterfaerie

Visit site
Muck Boots get my vote, my (original) Hunters sadly gave up on me after 10 years at the end of last year and I bought myself some Muck Boots (Tyne) as I was not going to chance the 'new' Hunters. Over Christmas I found myself wearing my hunters a few times, I have no idea how I coped wearing them through winter and being so cold, Muck Boots are super toasty and very comfy I wear mine all day every day.

Daytona

Visit site
Another vote for ariat mudbusters, sturdy as they come..!!! And designed so you can ride in them, best boots ever.

Bridie&theMinis

Visit site
I was very disappointed with my Joules wellys which split after one winter. At £39 they weren't a patch on my previous B&Q wellies which lasted almost 7 years of practically daily use at cost about £7:eek:
Did also love my muckers for toastiness.
Hmm past experience didn't stop me from asking for the Joules welly's with cute Beagles on this xmas though lol. I just have my durability expectation set much lower than last time.

whisp&willow

Visit site
i tried joules ones earlier last year... they stood up to two walks with the dog and the insole lining had begin rolling in... they got punted back faster than you could fart! :p

i expect a lot from a welly... i walk at least 90 mins with the dog on average per day, and have all the horses to do too!

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I had Muck boots and they were pretty good, lasted me 2 years but I have now got a pair of Le Chameau Viezernord (very generous Christmas pressie from my mother in law) and they are OMG gorgeous!!! worth every single penny and they will last me for years :D

Bridie&theMinis

Visit site
i tried joules ones earlier last year... they stood up to two walks with the dog and the insole lining had begin rolling in... they got punted back faster than you could fart! :p

i expect a lot from a welly... i walk at least 90 mins with the dog on average per day, and have all the horses to do too!

Oh yes, my new ones which I've had for 2 weeks have insoles which roll already - pants indeed!

biggingerpony

Visit site
Just to throw it out there.... I bought my pair for £10 from Matalan, they're stripy :) I wear them pretty much everyday, still waterproof and just like new!! (Apart from being very muddy)

glenruby

Visit site
I have aigle parcours. Bought them three weeks ago. They have now changed colour where they have been covered by my waterproofs. So now two very different shades of green. Not impressed!!

Zerotolerance

Visit site
Another vote for Le Chameau. Always had Hunters, but also felt the quality had fallen significantly in recent years, so OH kindly bought me Le Chameau. They are worth every penny - warm, robust and soooo comfortable.