Which would you say...

Dogbetty141

Visit site
was the best horse charity to give too? i was thinking ILPH but i bet there are smaller more worthwhile charitys that need extra help. Im donating money instead of sending christmas cards this year.

CastleMouse

Visit site
There are so many horsey charities that are worthwile including Redwings and the Brooke Hospital for Animals
smile.gif

filly190

Visit site
A few years ago the horse and hound published detailed information about the horse charities and how much they got, and how much they were worth. It was shocking, they are mostly very very rich and have put a lot of their assets into land and houses. The donkey sanc is the richest and I personally would never give them a penny. Some of the charity workers are having a very good living indeed, new four by fours, big farm houses and very big wages.

If you ask them how much of the pound actually goes to the horses you will be very shocked.

Now air ambulance which all us riders need, donate every penny, just a though!!

showjump2003

Visit site
I like to donate to the smaller charities. Saying that, I donate unwanted rugs and tack as opposed to money, that way I know it's all going to use on the horses.

Enfys

Visit site
I would (and do) donate money to Brooke but any other horse charity I would donate in kind, as someone else said, that way you KNOW it goes to the animals not elsewhere.
I stopped giving cash when an acquaintance who was something to do with Guide Dogs for the Blind was telling us about his BRAND NEW top of the range Company car!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
We do loads of fundraising for Brooke, the horses really do need our help they only really get money from supporters. Instead of buyer friedns on the yards presents, i have bought them a gift aid of a fly fringe from Brooke this way rather than buy them someting they don't want, the money has been put towards a good cause!
smile.gif