Which xc boots? Lemieux stealth or Woof Wear Ultra?

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Am looking at getting a new set of boots for the bubba as hopefully we'll be getting out and about this year, and all he has is a set of hand me down woof wear club boots which must be knocking on for 15 years old if not more.

I'm a bit flumoxed for choice really, my other horse has trizone boots which I don't like, after 12 months they're disintegrating and haven't been used that much either, previously I've always used his woof wear brushing boots but now want something with a bit more protection for him.

Ideally I'm wanting something with a bit of airflow and that doesn't hold the water, and that could be used for general use as well as for competition. I like the look of the woof wear ultras although I don't think they're breathable, but have also seen the lemieux prosport stealth online which also look good, typically no where near me has either so I can't see them in the flesh which is annoying.

Just wondering if anyone has either of these and what you thought, good or bad? Or any other suggestions?!

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Take a look at premier equine ones... I've had a pair for two years, and they are still in good condition, wash well, and fit a 17 h ID cross with big legs real well.. They don't slip down either...

Just thought though... Woof wear ones disintegrated on me and I had to send them back, the Velcro straps came off after two uses.... Stitching was not very good..

Last edited:

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Not good to hear about the woof wear, Romany. I often wonder if things made over 10 years ago were made to last, and nowadays not so much! Will have a look at the PE ones as well, thanks.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I decided against PEs after having loads of people tell me that theirs slipped, particularly on the hind legs.

I wouldn't go with the LeM ones if you need them urgently though - no one is going to have any stock of the Medium front boots until end of Feb/beginning of March. Most annoying as mine have now been on order for a month and a half and it's going to be another month and a half before I get them!

avthechav

Visit site
I had some PE airflow ones that I loved the look of and the design of but despite their customer service being excellent I just couldn't get the fit right and the few times that I used them they span round and wouldn't stay put which was a shame. I ended up with woof wear ultras which I have been really pleased with. I have used them for Xc, schooling and hunting for long periods and been really pleased, they stay put and do not seem to cause excess heat even when used in the heat of summer. I also thought that the price was reasonable when I bought then but I can't remember if I had them on an offer or not.

LeannePip

Visit site
I had the PE ones but found they didn't fit my horse, but gave them to a friend and they fit hers perfectly. now i have the lemieux and they are perfect and great quality I'm considering getting another pair :)

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Question for the Premier Equine owners, do you find that mud/grit gets in the vents on the air cooled boots? I like the look of them but it looks like it'd be easy to get mud/grit in against the skin? Thanks

be positive

Visit site
I use PE boots, having 2 sets that get used on several different horses, they dont get grit or mud in the vents, mine have no problem with slipping but I do ensure they are put on carefully always readjusting the velcro once on, they must be about 5 years old now and still in fairly good condition.