Which Yard is better?

shadowboy

Visit site
Having decided to get my boy back- (Thanks for your imput guys!) I am now unsure what yard is best.
Upton Pyke has 90 x 30 oudoor floodlit arena, small yard of 18, turnout in small groups and rotated grazing. 6 miles from home, part livery (but is more like full livery is £85 per week or New Hall a 40 x 20 (but feels smaller) indoor arena, larger yard of about 25, turnout in pairs, 8 miles from home, part livery £60 per week

I dont know whats better.... anyone heard of the yards (are in Exeter) or got a preferance to indoor/outdoor arenas etc?

monica123

Visit site
i prefer the sound of the first, even though it is a bit more expensive. It os closer, has a bigger arena, less orses, so more chance of getting in the school!
good luck what ever you choose!
laugh.gif

Tia

Visit site
I'm so pleased that you have decided what is best for you and your guy. I hope it all works out for you.

The first one I have no knowledge of but it does sound nice - okay sized outdoor arena and turnout sounds good. What sort of acreage are they on? What is the outriding like? Are the stables nice/nasty? What condition were the fields in?

I used to know Newhall and it was a nice place. Good amount of acreage and close to competition venues. I believe they have almost direct access to bridleways and have wonderful outriding. Rubbishy little arenas.

You have to figure out what type of riding you most want to do - if you want to ride at night and need indoor facilities. Very difficult for us to say particularly when we don't really know these places very well. Try gut-instinct.
smile.gif

UKa

community.webshots.com
Hi, first one has less horses for more arena but without knowing much else it is difficult to make recommendation I find; personally I have not had an indoor arena for years but it has never bothered me so for me that alone would not be deciding point;

not_with_it

Visit site
I would go for the first yard. I prefer smaller yards with less horses (mine only has 3
laugh.gif
)
Although the second has the luxury of an indoor school there will be more people wanting to use it, besides if you never get used to that luxury you will never know what you are missing!
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
We have an indoor and outdoor arena and I always prefer riding on the outdoor as long as it isn't raining too hard. Our Indoor is 20x40 and we only do dressage in there as you can't put that many jumps out really