While looking at horses for sale..

rachk89

Visit site
Was looking for someone else on here (lewis) because I just like looking for horses and saw this:

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/clas...ntermediate-12yo-chestnut-tb-mare-482670.html

Now I get that they are probably not telling you something based on that cracked hoof story, but if not and it is just possibly surface issues caused by the wet weather, then whoever buys her I think is getting a bit of a steal. I mean eventers go for quite a lot of money, if she only has issues with her hoof (although I kind of thought one of her legs looked a little dodgy), then you fix that up, get her back to fitness and put her into a 1 day event to prove she's still got it, you could make a really good return.

But there probably is more to the story than what they are saying. But all the same, if I lived down there, I would be tempted to just go and see her to check for myself what state the hoof is in. Anyone else curious about her?

TickyTavey

Visit site
These things concern me: "brought on in part by the incredibly wet winter" - and 'in part' by what else? And "It is felt best she goes onto a breeding life", felt best by whom? Vet presumably? If it was felt best by the seller, then they'd be selling her as a broodmare, or keeping her to breed from?

Melody Grey

Visit site
Read what the advert does not say. She may be sound now, but with work she won't be.

^^^^^^something like this I'd think.

Assuming that the horse has been a successful intermediate and is 12 yrs old, so not young but certainly not past it by any means...and off work for argument's sake for 12 months while the crack grows out, the cost of keeping her even if it was on full livery would be a fraction of her remaining value...personally that makes me suspicious- surely she's worth keeping if that's true? Just makes me wonder whether there's more to it?

Plus.....possibly uninsurable too?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Racing record shows her to be an American bred TB, 25 starts spread over almost 2 years and winnings of 5K. She didn't make it to the paddocks as a race broodmare. She looks very lightly built. Lets hope she finds a nice home but at the price I would worry about where she is possibly heading, she is not the type to live on a muddy hillside.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Ads like this make me really cross! If she genuinely just needs the time to allow her hoof to grow, why isn't the vendor giving her that time before selling her? They are just wanting to make a quick buck before she is proven to be unsound.

rachk89

Visit site
Ads like this make me really cross! If she genuinely just needs the time to allow her hoof to grow, why isn't the vendor giving her that time before selling her? They are just wanting to make a quick buck before she is proven to be unsound.

Yeah exactly and they aren't even making money from her really surely she would be worth about 10 times that amount with no problems?

But as I said there is probably more to it than we are being told sadly. Hope she gets a good home.