Who are these vets???

s4sugar

Visit site
An avert on a local facebook group;-
"pure boxers ,on soilds now ,adviced by 2 different vets to sell from 6 weeks old as long as mum is not feeding ,shes not , which is the 16th feb ,both mum and dad can been seen ,no kvc papers hence price of £500 ,with papers they can sell from £800 to £1000 each ,£50 desposit to secure a pup ."

EEEK!

GeeUp&Go

Visit site
Very badly worded advert, but if the pups are really chunky and starting to drain the mum, then putting them on solids a bit earlier seems a better option all round

s4sugar

Visit site
Pups would normally be started on solids from 3-4 weeks but still kept together until at least 7 weeks.
Nothing to do with draining the bitch but lots to do with eating into profits?

HappyHooves

Visit site
No papers and still that price? Can you be sure its 'pure' bred? That dogs you can see are in fact mum and dad and even closely related? Presume wormed and injected too?

s4sugar

Visit site
No papers , no health tests, no knowledge of relationship of parents. Cheap food and thrown together for quick cash.

£50 is more realistic than £500 and you can buy a pet boxer with all papers for under £500 - certainly if it is white as one on their photo is.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
No papers , no health tests, no knowledge of relationship of parents. Cheap food and thrown together for quick cash.

£50 is more realistic than £500 and you can buy a pet boxer with all papers for under £500 - certainly if it is white as one on their photo is.

Well that white one will probabley be deaf as well, and who knows what their temperment will be like.

HeatherAnn

Visit site
You think that's bad? My vet has an ad on their board from one of the nurses advertising second generation labradoodles. For £500 for males, £550 for females. :eek: I was going to post on here around the time we went for my boy's foot but I completely forgot.

I honestly don't have a grudge against her but just some things she does just winds me up.

If it wasn't for the other lovely staff there we would have changed vets.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
There is a vets practice round here that has adverts in their window (so you don't even have to be a client to see them), advertising all sorts of weird and wonderful crosses. One person in particular always has adverts up for various breeds and crosses of pups, and crossbreeds at stud.:(

s4sugar

Visit site
A vet near here runs a puppy shop.....

Another advises people to looking for a pet dog to buy one from "pet breeders as their puppies make better pets" (and more money for the practice?)

I recently refused to board a puppy belonging to a vet nurse - she was amazed I thought her dog that goes to work with her posed a health risk. I explained the reasons I don't allow dogs that have been to the vet in the preceeding two weeks unless for an emergency (when they get isolated) & discovered her previous dog died of parvo.

I assume the actual advice was more along the lines of "you can't let them go until over 6 weeks - if they are eating well".

I was speaking to someone on Friday with a boxer they "want to stud out" - no papers, no health tests "but he's a lovely dog"!

No wonder rescues are full.

inamac

Visit site
If I had any faith in the RSPCA these are the sort of adverts I'd expect them to investigate. No mention of worming, de-fleaing, first vaccinations, or any indication of proper care for bitch and puppies.

Poor things.

twiglet84

Visit site
What a terrible advert! bet they wasnt advised by anyone, just there way of trying to sell them under age.

We dont allow any animal for sale adverts on our notice board at work

x

SusieT

Visit site
If mum has disowned the pups (I have known labs with big litters of pups to start self weaning by 4 weeks, pups pretty much on their own at 5-6weeks). At this stage there seems no real reason supported by evidence to keep mum with pups and stop them going to new homes

Dobiegirl

Visit site
If mum has disowned the pups (I have known labs with big litters of pups to start self weaning by 4 weeks, pups pretty much on their own at 5-6weeks). At this stage there seems no real reason supported by evidence to keep mum with pups and stop them going to new homes

But there is loads of evidence to suggest they are more sociable if the pups are kept together. they are still developing physically and mentally and interact with each other at this age and learning , break them up at this age and it could impact later as nervousness or fear of other dogs. Wean them by all means but dont break them up.

HeatherAnn

Visit site

There is a lot of evidence supporting keeping pups and mum together, dogs that have left the litter too early have been shown to have poor social skills and less bite inhibition. :rolleyes:

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I know two people who got pups from a litter at six or six and a half weeks as they were told it would help the bonding process. Both pups have been sold on, they were both a bit nervy.

EAST KENT

Visit site
Sell at six weeks?? FFS! No vaxs ,no vet checks,not stable on a GOOD diet,not had their 4th worming,would`nt touch with a barge pole.by the way..no,I would NOT be buying puppies raised by vets or their nurses,they tend to use the cheapo muck that the surgery gets to rear them on.I want better than that for my puppies,and better than that if it is my money I am spending thanks.