Who do you get to....

DO you think paul o'neill, the jockey that head butted the horse at the races should get banned?

• Total voters

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
really grumpy, but an excellent farrier who keeps my flat footed Tb sound
grin.gif

Tia

Visit site
Mine is a very friendly farrier.....but that isn't why I use him. I couldn't care less whether he was miserable, fat and ugly, so long as he knew his job well!!

PS. Mine isn't any of those - he's quite attractive actually.
smile.gif

frannieuk

Visit site
My farrier is great, always on time, reasonably priced, does a fabulous job, always has a smile and is nearly always in a good mood.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
our farrier is a god send- never late, once I phoned him and he came out the same afternoon! And i am friends with his daughter, which helps, so we have good long chats.

the watcher

Visit site
Can't praise my farrier enough, will do the horses at short notice, is never late, always sends a text when he is 20 minutes away, is quick, good with my horses..

....also a good rider so knows both ends of the horse, so to speak

RachelB

Visit site
I wanted to choose three! Ah well, mine is a friendly, great service, reasonable price farrier. Always on time, phones if he'll be more than 30 mins late. Doesn't mind doing my horse even though she's the only one on the yard and we seem to have left the 'routine' of being done with my boss's horses (they are on 7 weeks, mine is now on 6).
Yard farrier is over-friendly, can't tell the time or ever remember to call you (or turn up sometimes... he has forgotten!), thinks he is God's gift, rude randy bugger... but he can shoe well so he's let off the hook for most of his bad points!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I can't sing my farrers praises enough! I've had so much agro trying to find a good farrier who will happily shoe my horses (I've had around 5 farriers refuse to shoe storm
crazy.gif
) and who doesn't charge stupid prices! My farrier charges reasonable prices, doesn't take an age to get the job done and h's funny.....Couldn't cope with being stuck with a misrable git for an hour and a half in the cold
tongue.gif

Nailed

Visit site
My farrier is my tutor.. what can i say.
To be fair.. if the farrier was bloody good i wouldnt care about owt else

(only good farriers lame horses.!!!!)
LoU X

kirstyfk

Visit site
I have a really good farrier but timing can be a little off - try days late! But he is so busy we have a severe lack of farriers in our area so he is really busy. Although he had a heart attack last year so is cutting back. Luckily hs daughter is now allowed to shoe by herself and is more reliable. Farrier is great if you go to his Smithy if you need him.

Tinypony

Visit site
"The poll is certainly looking good for the farriery profession at the moment"
It would wouldn't it? It is asking specifically about farriers and shoeing.
confused.gif

summertoots

Visit site
My farrier is fantastic, I cant say a bad word against him. He s friendly, firm but fair with the horses, and when ever a shoe is pulled in the field he will come as soon as he can to replace it. I get along well with him and would not allow any of the other farriers in my area to work on my lads feet
Some one else i Know uses another local farrier who is so up himself. Doesnt turn up if he decides he cant be bothered to or is hours late, is harsh withthe horses and even though he is really expensive his shoes have a nasty habit of falling off a week after they are put on!!

hussar

Visit site
My farrier is fit, sexy and a gift from God. Frequently late, but always has time for a chat (which is presumably why he's late!), does a great job with my horses, and the one time I got the time wrong I arrived at the yard to find he'd caught the horses, shod them, turned them back out and gone.

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
Mine is 'regular riding school farrier'!!! Convinience is his main skill I think.

Although he is also 'complete tart farrier' and you do have to watch him cos he doesn't half nail the shoes on in a hurry and if your horse moves more than about half an inch he'll put a twitch on.
frown.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
I put great service and reasonable price (and a very rare smile) farrier. Mine is a bit of an old grump, but if you keep on chatting (and god I do) he does come out of his shell. People are a bit put off by him, but he does a great job, is very business like and turns up on time.

I give him tea and biccies and leave him alone and then get him to chat when finished for a few moments.

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
My farrier is brillant, we bitch away and he does a great job, knows his stuff. Never had a problem although hes now becoming too popular making booking a little hard *could ring up and he'd come that day if you had a show etc* Prices are impressive too. Oh and he happens to be easy on the eye....
blush.gif
grin.gif