who do you think are? horse verison!

serena2005

Visit site
I'm searching my horses family tree!
Her dad 'Espri' very easy to find and his family tree history

Her mum not so easy, I can find her mums dad, and his family tree.
But the mares don't seem to be registered, is this normal?
And I can't find my mare anyway!

Has anyone got any tips!? It's very exciting seeing pictures of her daddy and grandad!

Dreamer515

Visit site
depends what breed. i know with TBs you can trace back to the 3 godolphin stallions as ive done this with 2 of mine. im not sure about other breeds and accesibility to their bloodlines but if hes purebreed surely there is a way.

serena2005

Visit site
depends what breed. i know with TBs you can trace back to the 3 godolphin stallions as ive done this with 2 of mine. im not sure about other breeds and accesibility to their bloodlines but if hes purebreed surely there is a way.

She's hanoverian. There's a lot of TB on the dam side, but having trouble finding any mares!

crabbymare

Visit site
This could be her dam
http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/1574956
Reason you cannot find your mare is probably because the hannovarians don't get a name on the computer until they are either inspected and registered as a broodmare or they are registered as a competition horse so if she never did either of those itd likely her name will not appear anywhere. if she was a sports horse in germany the FN will be able to give you her record

serena2005

Visit site
[QdidEhis 12099967]This could be her dam
://www.horsetelex.com/hThat's /pedigree/1574956
Reason you cannot find your mare is probably because the hannovarians don't get a name on the computer until they are either inspected and registered as a broodmare or they are registered as a competition horse so if she never did either of those itd likely her name will not appear anywhere. if she was a sports horse in germany the FN will be able to give you her record[/QUOTE]

I did look at this one, but the dam and sire do not match on my mares paper work.

Thats interesting about not being registered. I assumed they all would be.

crabbymare

Visit site
She would be registered as she has a passport but not with a name (she would be something like 200x bay mare Espri/AN other/AN other) what is the breeding in her passport on her dams side that you are trying to find? the mares would all have been registered to have been bred from but often they are known by their sires name instead of by their own name so its harder to find details of mares

rachyblue

Visit site
Deleted - seen the answer.

Contact the Hann stud book they will be able to provide the names from the life numbers.

Last edited: