Who else is ill or injured at the mo?

Coblover63

Visit site
Been feeling a bit rough for about a month and finally went to the docs last week for a blood test. Things went really downhill last Thursday so hubby dragged me back to the docs yesterday and after a chest xray it turns out I have pneumonia in my right lung. Oops. Not ill enough to need hospitalisation, thankfully, but still feeling pretty ropey and bored. I'm mostly OK sitting still, it's only when I stand up that it all goes pear-shaped. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon, although I'm led to believe it's a fairly lengthy convalescence.

I just wondered how other normally robust and active horse people are coping with house arrest? Thankfully my lovely husband had taken over horse duties and house running, so I'm very grateful for that.

Thank goodness for Badders tomorrow (was meant to be going too!!!)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Sorry to hear your poorly I was laid up for a few months with a broken ankle at the beginning of the year so know how boring and frustrating it can be, I found lots of good tv series downloaded them and just watched them when I wanted it was freezing as well so at times it was nice to be cosy and warm indoors, send oh out for some yummy food and healthy fruit so at least you have some treats to eat, or maybe get a few good books to read amazon deliver really quickly, I hope you start feeling better soon take care of yourself x

Polos

Visit site
I've been on pretty much house arrest since the first week of April last year as I had a full ACL rupture, tibial spine fracture and meniscus tear. Had the Arthroscopy and debridement in May 2017 and the ACL reconstruction in December 2017. Ive got a few more months until I can get back on so I'm missing horses like crazy at the minute!

Last edited:

On the Hoof

Visit site
Just starting to get out and about a bit now with crutches after pony dumped me and had open dislocation and fracture of ankle. A lot of surgery, half my other calf taken to plug mahoosive hole in ankle and 6 weeks at home non weight bearing. Was bored out of my mind but everybody lent me box sets of good programmes to sit through . Hope you get better soon. I’m aiming to get back on pony in a few weeks but probably on a lead rein :D :D