Who fancies a laugh at my expense?

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Gave long reining a go today, with the intention of walking him out to help his legs drain and to combat the spookiness..

Main lesson learned: When you very helpful friend suggests you try trot, remember your horse is 19hh and you are NOT a natural runner!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edited to say that I do know he is a bit lame - he’s coming out the other side of lymphangitis, and he needs to keep moving to combat the swelling, he isn’t being properly worked like this! ?

Last edited:

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Lovely paces! (the horse that is) :p aaaaaand caaannntteerr :eek:

Not a chance! That truly would be horse skiing!

Laboured paces , poor knee action , tight through the shoulders , falling onto the forehand .

But your horse looks fab !

I have to admit, this really made me laugh! I am about 4/10ths lame at the best of times while waiting for surgery.. Luckily I am a bit more gainly when I am in the saddle :p

I must admit i was waiting for you to face plant at one stage but what a beautiful horse.

Is he really 18hh + ?

He is indeed, albeit in shoes. He was weighed and measured for the vet a few weeks back, he does have very high withers though. I am 5ft 8 so am quite tall. Here is a photo of him stood next to a 16hh horse for comparison, shows his size a little better.. (sorry the photo is huge, can't seem to change it)

rsz_192254417_1519951558181289_4108470345604792320_n (2).jpg