Who rides in a.........................

Mooch

photobucket.com
Heather Moffett EE Fhoenix saddle?

What do you think of them?

Have you had any improvement in yourself or horse riding in one?

Cheers
grin.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
Ask Super_Kat she can't stop going on how good hers is
tongue.gif

I've ridden in one and they are fantastic- put you straight into a correct position and they are so so comfy for rider and horse.
I was going to have one, but im now going for a WOW (much to Super_Kat's disgust, lol).

Nailed

Visit site
Lol super_kat never ever shuts up about it! Not even down the ayrd.. Must be good.. its the only saddle i ever seen her clean!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lou x

Mooch

photobucket.com
He, he

I will have to ask her for all the info then! lol

I have got a guy coming out from EE tomorrow. So will be trying both.

I bloody hope they are as comfy as people say as my back is very sore from riding yesterday! lol

Nikiolola

Visit site
I do and I love it! Have had it for about a year and a half now. I bought it because my horse had a bad back after having been ridden in a badly fitting saddle before I got her, and didn't want it to happen again. It was a gamble as I had never seen one before, but I got it on 2 weeks trial, and it stayed with me
laugh.gif
I had the physio out again about a year after I got it and her back was perfect. It's really comfortable for hacks and it puts you in a really good position. I think my horse moves a lot more freely in it, and I can feel when she is using her back better than I could in her old saddle.

I could go on all day but I'll shut up now lol. I usually only lurk on here but I couldn't resist praising the fhoenix
laugh.gif

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
To start with (especially if it's cold!) it will be like sitting on a concrete block but once it's warmed up it's gorgeous, it moulds to your bum and it's so warm and comfy! You could sit in it for hours.
The rep who came out to me said that your hips and upper thighs will really ache when you first start riding in the saddles because the seat is quite wide (well I think it is) and the stirrup bars are set quite far back (especially on the dressage saddle but on the GP I think the bars are only 1/2 an inch further forwards so not much difference really) but I'm obviously quite supple down there because I didn't feel a thing so could't comment on how long it took to get used to it. I've also found that riding in my Fhoenix dressage saddle has helpd my position out no end when riding on normal saddles because I can keep my leg further back
grin.gif

Missy is a sensitive soul and she get's on with it really well
laugh.gif
I went hacking in it today and it slipped back quite far but Missy felt so much better for it and worked beautifully
grin.gif
She's developing muscle in all the right places and it doesn't restrict her at all.
It will feel weird at first (I hated it for the first 15 minutes I was sat in it but I, and the rep noticed such a difference in Storm) but stick with it because they're worth every sodding penny
laugh.gif

If you have any more qestions you know where my PM box is
laugh.gif

Loobie_Lou - I've never cleaned it, I only do Olympis stuff before a show
wink.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
Thanks for that Niki, I appreciate you coming on and telling me about your experience.

I have sat on one before, but it was one of the first proto-type ones and I believe they have come on quite a lot since then.

Mooch

photobucket.com
Cheers hunny.

The guy will be here in the morning, so it might be a little cold! lol I have a hot bum and Milly is a hot girl, so I am hoping it will warm up quickly.

I can't see Milly objecting to it, as anything has to be better than her saddle now (which she doesn't bat an eyelid about)

The saddle is for me more than anything. I broke my back 4 years, so I get quite a lot of lower back pain. (it does ease off after a while).

I also have a naughty left leg (it is shorter than my right, infact my whole left side is shorter than my right), so I am hoping for some improved positioning.

Oh well, fingers crossed for tomorrow then!
grin.gif

And, yes I know I'm a bit odd! lol You only have to ask Dub's about me trying on body protectors and her crying with laughter at how out they were!!!!

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Does the back pain come from sitting on the hard seats? The Fhoenix seats, as I said, mould to your bum so it's all cushioned and soft
laugh.gif

When it tried one it was in january when it was freezing cold and the saddle felt really solid, wide and vile........I wanted to get off! I'm so glad I didn't
laugh.gif
(and remember, you'll never have to buy another saddle again if you get a Fhoenix
tongue.gif
)

Let us know how you get on
grin.gif

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And, yes I know I'm a bit odd! lol You only have to ask Dub's about me trying on body protectors and her crying with laughter at how out they were!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Mooch

photobucket.com
Any problems I have with my back automatically hurt that part.

I never really had any pain in the area I broke (another odd bit about me! lol)

Since having Milly, I am doing a lot more work than I have for a very, very long time.

I had an hours lesson of flat work yesterday, so that is why it hurts.

I am certainly not fit (my back certainly isn't) and I am trying to get a better position, whilst correcting all my bad habits! lol

Plus Milly's saddle is not right for me at all and it feels very hard to me.

I will certainly let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your help.
grin.gif