Who to register foal with? Opinions please

Faberge

Visit site
I have 2 dressage foals due in early June - I plan to sell them both. I am not sure who to passport with though as one foal will be eligible for KWPN papers, but do you think people would prefer a WBS registered foal? Would that be potentially more beneficial for british breeding and easier/cheaper for the purchaser to contact etc?

The dam is a KWPN Foalbook mare but the sire, Spielberg (Sunny Boy) has never been presented KWPN (he is approved Westfalen, Rhineland, Oldenburg) so foal would only be eligible for Register A KWPN papers.

What do you all think?

Wisnette

Visit site
Mine are registered KWPN mainly because I use their breeding system and it makes sense to go the whole hog and register the products (i.e. foals) with them too. It doesn't hurt that KWPN papers are highly regarded and are recognised worldwide.
grin.gif
The same isn't necessarily true for UK studbooks but that said, I think its probably easier and cheaper to register with a British studbook...

Re supporting British breeding - I'm assuming foalie will be born in the UK in which case it WILL already represent British breeding, regardless of which studbook its registered with. Studbooks are international these days and it doesn't follow that a horse registered with the KWPN represents Dutch breeding any more than a horse registered with the AES represents British breeding. That's my view anyway, for what its worth...