Who tows with a new shape (2015) Kia Sorento?

legaldancer

Visit site
It seems that the latest reincarnation of the Kia Sorrento can only have a detachable tow bar rather than a fitted version. We have found a Sorento that fits our criteria and has a tow bar to replace my unreliable Discovery 3, however, I'm rather worried about the detachable tow bar as have heard they're not as safe for towing livestock. There is no option to change it on the latest model for a permanently fitted version, and another Discovery is sadly out of the question. I'm hoping to hear from others with the new Sorento. Older Sorentos were more truck like and had the permanent fitted tow bars, but as I say, that's no longer an option.

ROG

Visit site
Try member Trailer Guy as he knows all about this sort of thing

I think he keeps an eye on the HHO TOWING CLINIC thread so it might be worth a posting in that - link below in signature

Casey76

Visit site
I have several friends in Switzerland, where a removable towbar is mandatory (if you're not towing, it needs to be removed), and no one that I know if has every had any issues towing their horses.

w1bbler

Visit site
Are you sure the modern Sorrento has sufficient tow capacity, think it's only about 2000kg. I know hubby said wasn't enough for us - ifor & 2 horses