Who was presenting the Show Jummping on the BBC

Procrastination

Visit site
She's called Lee McKenzie, normally does formula one and she's also a co-driver in the world rally championships. No idea what she was doing presenting equestrian things!

Sandstone1

Visit site
She's called Lee McKenzie, normally does formula one and she's also a co-driver in the world rally championships. No idea what she was doing presenting equestrian things!

Don't think she had any idea what she was doing either! You would think they could have found someone who at least knows one end of a horse from the other!

PorkChop

Visit site
I really like her as a presenter, I watch a lot of Formula One so I am used to seeing her. I always think she is a great interviewer as well :)

Sandstone1

Visit site
She didn't give the impression of knowing much about horses especially when doing the course walk.
Didn't dislike her at all just thought they could have found someone more experienced with horses.

asterope

Visit site
She didn't give the impression of knowing much about horses especially when doing the course walk.
Didn't dislike her at all just thought they could have found someone more experienced with horses.

Presenters have to cater to their audience - they don't ask questions and clarify things because they don't know the answer, rather because there are people in the audience who are likely not to know and to want clarification. Just look at Clare Balding - the way she talks when doing equestrian commentary you'd think she'd never been anywhere near a horse in her life!

caladria

Visit site

https://twitter.com/leemckenzietv/status/455410870575968256

https://www.instagram.com/p/-WzAI8or5i/ - hosting dressage convention at Hartpury.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news...aps-his-racing-car-for-a-reining-horse-299726 - competed against Schumacher in a charity reining event

She's done, off the top of my head, a BBC Inspire segment with Emily King as well - maybe last year? And used to present some horse racing as well. She tends to pop up at random 3 day events as well throughout the year on her twitter - sometimes when her brother's competing, sometimes seemingly just for fun - although obviously not many, due to the whole globe trotting with F1 thing.

Sandstone1

Visit site
Ok, never seen or heard of her before. Fair enough if she knows what she's talking about. For me she came across as unhorsey. Maybe that was on purpose.

hairycob

Visit site
To attract more general viewers thee commentators need to be able to talk for & to people who know nothing about equestrian sport as well as asking questions that interest us. We won't get anywhere if they are all like Mike Tucker who apparently assumes all viewers have a deep & lifelong knowledge. Non horsey OH hates him as I am always having to translate the commentary for him.

jezabell

Visit site
I was watching it yesterday with my husband. We both said,who is that where is Claire Balding. The lady to us looked out of place,you could see she was out of her comfort zone. Sorry she spoiled the viewing.

Spudlet

Visit site
I've met her - she's very knowledgeable, and also a very nice lady indeed. Will be happy to see more of her fronting equestrian coverage.