Who will you be rooting for at Burghley....

KatB

Visit site
?
grin.gif
The big names or, the "lesser" knowns?
grin.gif

kerilli

Visit site
well, now i know Toddy's not going i'm not rooting for anyone any more!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

umm, the first timers, some of the lesser knowns, and my faves of the big names, i guess. i always root for WFP even though he hardly needs the support!
just hope it's a really lovely course and not too horribly twisty or technical.

zacinto

Visit site
I don't mind who wins really, but it would be fantastic if Daisy Dick and Spring Along could take the title. Also hoping for good runs for Piggy French plus old favourites Comanche and Lenamore.

connie1288

Visit site
Not particularly rooting for anyone, but having looked at video i would be saying v technical, v skinny and v big!!!
Obviously ElleJS!!!!

Super_starz

Visit site
Well v gutted im not going to see Toddy run this year aswell, also shame to see Ruth w/d. So, i would like to see Mary with a shout
smirk.gif

I had a look at the course drive on the burghley website, it looks like a lovey course.
Just cant understand how its a mudbath were i live and its rockhard down Burghley, its only a few hundred miles away!

kerilli

Visit site
oh, of course, rooting hugely for ElleJS, hope she has a brilliant run.
just had a good look at the course, there's a lot to do. the arena fences... gosh, straight route there is a real test. bet lots of riders won't be pleased to see the Land Rover Folly (about fence 6) there again, that was v tricky last time.

stacey_lou

Visit site
id like to see Mary with Apache, this is a super horse and now hes in hands such as Mary's id love to see her win on him. Not that am doubting Austin Oconnors riding ability at all.
before ppl were with drawing I would of said top 3
Ollie - Flint
WFP - Tamarillo
3rd either Mary Apache or Mark Todd Gandolf

Shrimp

Visit site
Im rooting for Louise Lyons, known her for ages and just hope she has a safe, fun and hopefully successful time. Her first 4* even though she went to Hong Kong last year!
grin.gif

Out of the more 'known' riders, I hope Daisy Dick, she deserves it and I'd like Piggy French to do well. Also Dunauger ridden by Harry Meade just because I think he is a gorgeous horse!
laugh.gif

Joss

Visit site
Happy go lucky - I think you have gotta little confuddled! Mary has always ridden Apache Sauce.............. Sadly neither Flint Curtis, Tamarillo nor Gandalf are going to run, you might need a re-think!!!

Helen010382

community.webshots.com
I would like to see Mary King do well - she come across as such a lovely person - she is always smiling! And Apache Sauce is just a lovely looking horse.

Would like to see Dunauger do well - have liked him ever since Tracey Garside was leading after the dressage at Bramham. WFP looked rather fine on him before the showjumping last year at Burghley
grin.gif

stacey_lou

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Happy go lucky - I think you have gotta little confuddled! Mary has always ridden Apache Sauce.............. Sadly neither Flint Curtis, Tamarillo nor Gandalf are going to run, you might need a re-think!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know but formally ridden by Austin Oconnor a year or so ago.Also I know Tamrillo and Flint are out thats why I saidf before ppl were pulling out I would of said but would love to see Mary Win

stacey_lou

Visit site
Apache? He was I have been to Austins yard and he was telling me how he used to ride him then one day the owners decided to give him to Mary, Ive seen all the competion pictures

stacey_lou

Visit site
Ha now I feel like a clas A idiot sorry Kat lol
Im a stubben mare at the best of times just like my horse lol
I think i got my wires crossed as him and I were talking about his ex horse then Mary King and her horses. God I feel stupid now sorry lo

connie1288

Visit site
Dont worry Happy go lucky Kat was the one that couldnt read the entry list
tongue.gif

And if you can keep up with where all the horses go and who has ridden them, you have to be really sad like some of us!!!

mccarron6769

Visit site
THE WEATHER
tongue.gif
If I root for nice weather and if we get it instead of the howling gale and torrential rain forecast then I don't care who wins !!

Whoever wins is going to deserve it for staying on during what will be eventful dressage tests with that amount of wind up their tails
laugh.gif

millitiger

Visit site
i'd like Rosie Thomas to have a good round as she has ridden Millie for us at some events- she is a lovely person and Baz is a super horse!

also, Harry Meade as he is so stylish on a horse and one of my fave riders for his lovely quiet style.