Who'd like Horse Benefit?!

TallulahBright

Visit site
;);)
Talking to some friends earlier... I don't have children but I do have a much loved horse. How about a campaign for horse benefit?! I can afford one but maybe if the government paid me I could have two??!!
Only light hearted but a thought....;)

Last edited:

Moomin1

Visit site
Ha, don't laugh - I know people who have actually got horses, paid for by tax payers!

I also know someone who gets more benefits per month (spends, her house is already given to her and paid for) than I get in my entire monthly salary, yet she 'never has any money' and 'can't afford to buy the kids new school shoes'.:mad:

dreamchaser

Visit site
Haha, It's a lovely thought and i would back your campaign!!

But like Moomin1, i too know someone who gets more given to them on a plate then we earn combined. Her 2 horses have the very best of everything
but her family frequently go without!!

Elsiecat

Visit site
Absolutely. Why shouldn't I be able to quit work and pursue a full-time 'job' as a horse owner!? At least I won't be overpopulating the planet in my 'career', unlike some! :D

luckyoldme

Visit site
There was a lady in the daily mail today saying that she felt it was wrong that she would loose her child benefit. she earned £50,000 and her husband earned well over the £50,000. How could these people be so selfish.

Amigo

www.aewfineart.co.uk
I was told the other day that the reason lots of people on benefits or who live on the street have dogs is because they get extra benefits as a food allowance for the dog. Not sure if it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me :mad:

mandwhy

Visit site
I didn't know about dog benefit? I guess it's kind of nice that it exists!

Would defo like to follow you in your career as a full time horse owner elsiecat!

Honestly horses are a much better contribution to the world, they look pretty, they teach children how nice animals are, erm... because they're super and I should be given money to have more :)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I was told the other day that the reason lots of people on benefits or who live on the street have dogs is because they get extra benefits as a food allowance for the dog. Not sure if it is true, but it wouldn't surprise me

What nonsense!
You can't get benefit of any kind without an address, so hardly likely if you are homeless. And you certainly can't get benefit for a dog, which is why so many are being left in animal shelters atm.
This is how ridiculous rumours start.

Mike007

Visit site
I dont know about horse benefit,but I think its time Bob the nota cob got a job and helped support his family (me). As an Irish draught,possibly somthing in the transport and logistics field would suit him .( Possibly for a dairy or Bakery;))

Django Pony

Visit site
I've always thought you should be able to take maternity leave if you get a new horse/cat/dog etc! I have no intention of ever having children, so I kind of feel like I'm missing out on this leave! I did one try and ask my boss for a weeks "paw-ternity leave" when we got my cat Menace as a kitten. I won't repeat his reply on a public forum! lol.

Llanali

Visit site
Mike- should there not be any vacancies in the above field, could he go for highway maintenance? At least then you'd know he would spend 80% of his working hours snoozing in the cab with his sarnie and the daily fail. You could be assured he woulnt work too hard, and there would likely be lots of his jpme nationality there to make friends with ! ;)

phoebeast

Visit site
I'd like to start a claim! I'm single and have 2...also I rent one room in a shared house! I've just started work with 2 single mothers who are trying to put me off children for life!

Epona78

Visit site
If this is the start of a political campiagn you have my vote!
This reminds me of when my sister got married and my Dad gave her a nice little wedding present, IYKWIM. I told my dad I had no intention of getting married, so could I take my "wedding gift" in horse form instead? Well there's no harm in asking, is there, and why should I miss out just because I don't want to tie the knot?!? I bet you can guess his response (it ended in "off") :D

Christsam

Visit site
;);)
Talking to some friends earlier... I don't have children but I do have a much loved horse. How about a campaign for horse benefit?! I can afford one but maybe if the government paid me I could have two??!!
Only light hearted but a thought....;)

OOO yeah, if you dont have kids but have horses instead you should. They cost more than kids!!! lol. and yeah I would defo have two if i got my livery paid for me :rolleyes:

Renvers

Visit site
I would support this too - I dont mention at work that my youngest has four legs not two :p

If I could claim horse benefit I would definitely have a third - hmmm, just like those I know who loved to breed children in order to claim more benefits (but I will not sink to having sky dishes on their stables)

Christsam

Visit site
I've always thought you should be able to take maternity leave if you get a new horse/cat/dog etc! I have no intention of ever having children, so I kind of feel like I'm missing out on this leave! I did one try and ask my boss for a weeks "paw-ternity leave" when we got my cat Menace as a kitten. I won't repeat his reply on a public forum! lol.

Tehe, I was allowed a day off to go buy a horse and a week off after he came home....unfortunately I had to take it out of holiday :( Though My boss has just agreed I can use the rest of this years holiday and half of next to take a WHOLE month off to break the boy in :) Oh the benefits of your boss being a horse owner :)

Mongoose11

Visit site
Hmmm me too, and she doesn't deserve a hoofpick, never mind a horse!

I know someone who hasn't worked for years, lives in a beautiful village in a house all paid for, no council tax to pay, child benefit handed over. She lives an amazing life tending to her vegetable patch, feeding her chickens - LOOKING AFTER HER TWO HORSES. I on the other hand, could only afford a house in town (cheaper) and work Monday to Friday to keep my one horse and have nothing left over.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So, it seems horse benefit already exists.

Milkmaid

Visit site
What a good idea! And if we could have it by next year when my eldest will no longer qualify for CB then that would be handy :biggrin: Keep the horse fund topped up nicely it would :wink:

Star_Chaser

Visit site
There was a lady in the daily mail today saying that she felt it was wrong that she would loose her child benefit. she earned £50,000 and her husband earned well over the £50,000. How could these people be so selfish.

Actually if you've ever been in an abusive relationship that money is all the woman gets if shes lucky no matter what the husband earns... it saves lives. Plus £50,000 these days doesn't go far.

There has to be a cut off point though if they are both earning their own money.

Last edited:

Littlelegs

Visit site
I can only assume few of you actually know how much child benefit actually is. A benefit which btw was available to everyone with a child, regardless of income before recent reforms. So I suspect the vast majority will have already received their child benefit, via their parents claims as children.