Whoes been out hacking?

EllenJay

Visit site
Yes - I went out today. My horse has just got over 2 weeks off with a lameness issue - so had a lovely walk only hack with a friend and an elderly companion. Both horses looked like they throughout enjoyed their morning constitutional

vmac66

Visit site
Me. Managed a quick hack with a freind this morning. Not been out for a couple of weeks. Lots of walkers about for 9.30 on a Sunday morning. On the plus said not much traffic.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
It's been perfect hacking weather - to be fair, hacking I'd our main 'thinģ' so its rare we don't!

Two rides this weekend, about 17.5 miles in total - lots of canters, mainly perfect going and no flies! Bliss ?❤

Pony is having a day off tomorrow before we try our first 'leaving in the dark by headtorch' hack in the week before work :D

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Yes! New boy went out hacking alone, met 2 sets of neighbours for lengthy chats and then, finally, just as we reached the driveway, someone blew up the local power station cooling towers. I thought a plane had crashed, it was defo an explosion and all the local dogs started barking.

Baby horse? Didn't flick a whisker!

paddy555

Visit site
Yes! New boy went out hacking alone, met 2 sets of neighbours for lengthy chats and then, finally, just as we reached the driveway, someone blew up the local power station cooling towers. I thought a plane had crashed, it was defo an explosion and all the local dogs started barking.

Baby horse? Didn't flick a whisker!

didn't realise spook training had to include that nowadays! :eek:

southerncomfort

Visit site
Me! Wasn't quite the peaceful hack I had in mind as we met all sorts today, but their were no dramas and we had a lovely hack mostly on a loose rein.

Hacking is what it's all about for me and I'm so happy that October is being kind to us. Next week looks like staying pretty quiet weather wise!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
No. Horse is lame (barely 1 tenth now but he's off to horsepital next week). He really wants to go out for an adventure and gets a bit excited whenever one of his buddies is tacked up but he's grounded for now. We spent the afternoon in his field with me poo picking and getting a few rogue ragwort while he follows me round as if I'm there for his amusement.

Not bad weather for poo picking though.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
didn't realise spook training had to include that nowadays! :eek:

Haha, I have been spook busting, as he is not the most confident of horses, but no, I had not included local explosions!

I am on a few FB pages locally, and they were alive with people wondering what on earth happened, for miles around. I genuinely thought a passenger plane had crashed a few miles away. I would have been more scared, but I was attending to him.

Mrs C

Visit site

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Had a lovely weekend hacking. Yesterday I rode both my boys out separately for about an hour and a half each The mist with the sun shining through was beautiful. Today I rode with another forum user up to the South Downs way with some lovely long canters. It was grey today until later this afternoon. We were out for about 3 hours.
rCD6U35.jpg

Caol Ila

Visit site
Tried a new route today, one I had been fancying for a while, but has 200m of descent, then 200m of ascent, and I didn’t think Gypsum was up for that.

Foinavon is a machine on hills so managed it nae bother. Highland pony on the West Highland Way, with his pal Millie and my OH the foot soldier.993EACAE-B8DB-4D5E-B51A-EE0322BF6830.jpegD60453FD-A759-4987-83B5-51278B850BCA.jpeg44A82E76-75F0-43D3-B46E-9D59C02CF0F0.jpeg73079493-470F-41EA-9449-CB4F83C5D72E.jpeg