Whole family is lame!!

Ambers Echo

Visit site
I must have upset the leg gods....

Daisy dog has a tumour on her leg that is being removed tomorrow.
Jenny has failed a vetting on her front right foot
Max is retired on injury grounds - lame behind
I twisted my ankle at Tik Maynard and it is still brusied and swollen.
Katie (twin 2) has 5 stitches in her knee from coming off her mountain bike.

And now Amber is lame too! I went up last night to see that her shoe had slipped sideways. I have got the shoe off but she is still lame on that foot. There is minimal swelling and heat which I guess is good. She must have twisted it in the field hooning about yesterday afternoon. So she is on box-rest and bute for now and fingers crossed it resolves very soon. But the twisting force needed to slide a shoe over worries me :confused:

Please send healing-leg vibes. Especially for Daisy.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
What did the farrier think?

If you can get a farrier to come out on a Saturday evening or Sunday you are more persuasive than I am! He will see her tomorrow. She seems ok really. No heat or swelling and sound just ambling about. Trots up lame though. I am sure she has just tweaked something galloping around.

The-Bookworm

Visit site
If you can get a farrier to come out on a Saturday evening or Sunday you are more persuasive than I am! He will see her tomorrow. She seems ok really. No heat or swelling and sound just ambling about. Trots up lame though. I am sure she has just tweaked something galloping around.
Could be bruised.
Offer coffee and cuddle and they turn out. ;)

Skib

sites.google.com
I did suggest your getting ankle X-rayed at a minor injuries clinic - if such a thing exists near you.
I have been twice - once ankle was broken and once it was not. They dont mind one going.

Should have added how sad I was to read that Amber was in the wars too. That is real bad luck.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Thanks Skib. It is feeling a lot better than when I first did it. I am sure it is not broken. And hopefully both Amber and I will be back on full form soon! (And Jenny, and Katie and Daisy :rolleyes::rolleyes:)

Fiona

Visit site
Oh no AE, hope all feeling better soon....

Are you gutted about Jenny's vetting, was it just the flexion, or can you see a problem??

Hope Amber is better in a day or so once she has a new shoe on.

Fiona

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Oh no AE, hope all feeling better soon....

Are you gutted about Jenny's vetting, was it just the flexion, or can you see a problem??

Hope Amber is better in a day or so once she has a new shoe on.

Fiona

I can see that she is not right after flexions on that right foot. But is sound in all situations if you don't flex her first. I don't know what that means really. Vet is meant to be ringing me as potential purchaser has given permission for him to discuss his thoughts. In the meantime, farrier is seeing her tomorrow.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
If these marshmallows are to scale as shown in the picture they should thread nicely onto some spare walking sticks.

Screenshot_20190902-211214_Chrome.jpg

I'll light some up for you too AE x

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Amber seems better today - hurrah. Farrier now coming early in the morning as I got stuck at work this afternoon.
Daisy is feeling very sorry for herself but op went well.
I think Max has found a home (please please please)
Now we just need Jenny to sell.

So sacrifices to the leg gods are working!!

Barton Bounty

If you heard the rumours it is probably true 😂
Visit site
I must have upset the leg gods....

Daisy dog has a tumour on her leg that is being removed tomorrow.
Jenny has failed a vetting on her front right foot
Max is retired on injury grounds - lame behind
I twisted my ankle at Tik Maynard and it is still brusied and swollen.
Katie (twin 2) has 5 stitches in her knee from coming off her mountain bike.

And now Amber is lame too! I went up last night to see that her shoe had slipped sideways. I have got the shoe off but she is still lame on that foot. There is minimal swelling and heat which I guess is good. She must have twisted it in the field hooning about yesterday afternoon. So she is on box-rest and bute for now and fingers crossed it resolves very soon. But the twisting force needed to slide a shoe over worries me :confused:

Please send healing-leg vibes. Especially for Daisy.

Fingers crossed shes ok, last year my boy managed to push his shoe right back, taking chunks out the side 🙄 he was hobbling about like an old man but he was tender on it for a couple of days

Attachments

• 465FCE17-4BDC-409E-8038-268CA7988C91.jpeg
    465FCE17-4BDC-409E-8038-268CA7988C91.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 867A0204-A70A-492F-BBEC-A8320023DEEE.jpeg
    867A0204-A70A-492F-BBEC-A8320023DEEE.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 70594D6D-6CDA-4B8B-A939-A81B86628354.jpeg
    70594D6D-6CDA-4B8B-A939-A81B86628354.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 4
  • D11F293F-C080-4F85-AD00-26B156CC714B.jpeg
    D11F293F-C080-4F85-AD00-26B156CC714B.jpeg
    190.2 KB · Views: 4
  • EFFE2863-8E0B-4E4F-AC5D-A5B8FD75C22C.jpeg
    EFFE2863-8E0B-4E4F-AC5D-A5B8FD75C22C.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 3

Sam_J

Visit site
I can see that she is not right after flexions on that right foot. But is sound in all situations if you don't flex her first. I don't know what that means really. Vet is meant to be ringing me as potential purchaser has given permission for him to discuss his thoughts. In the meantime, farrier is seeing her tomorrow.

Must have missed an update, didn't realise Jenny was for sale! Has your daughter outgrown her?

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Yes hopelessly so. Jennyis short backed so can only fit a 16inch saddle and Izzy has very long legs so she is sat on the cantle with the knees over the knee roll.

Sam_J

Visit site
What a shame - they seem to have such a lovely partnership. So hard when great ponies get outgrown, but I don't think you'll having any trouble finding her a new home, she's such a good girl. Best of luck!

Reacher

Visit site
Hope everyone is on the mend soon
(Phew - managed to neatly avoid the farrier hugging topic!)

Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Visit site
What a shame - they seem to have such a lovely partnership. So hard when great ponies get outgrown, but I don't think you'll having any trouble finding her a new home, she's such a good girl. Best of luck!

I have people queuing up for her. But she needs to pass the vet first!