WHOOPEE!!! (Comp report...)

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Well we went out to try a new venue today - our local riding centre has recently been taken over by my instuctor and is running dressage and SJ competitions as well as clinics :)
Set off with plenty of time as my friend was competing in one of the earlier classes but neither of us had been to the centre before so we had no idea what to expect.
My friend went in for her round and Oscar waited patiently by the trailer munching on his haynet :)
Friend went really well as she was trying out a new horse :)
Still had a few hours wait after as I was jumping in the last class. Tacked up and headed over to the warm up with perhaps a bit too much time as I didn't want to end up in a mad rush and be late! :(
Warmed up nicely and settled in to wait for our class. Tried to keep him warm and dry by keeping his rug on and walking him round :)
After about 1/2 an hour our class started and I went to have a quick warm up again.
Got into the ring and he flew round for a fantastic clear round :D Well I say flew, he was actually very calm and steady for him and didn't rush at any of his fences :) :) :)
So had to wait for the JO. Thought it was worth a risk between number 1 and 2 (formerly fence 3 in the first round) and he did a fantastic spin back to clear the fence :D Though in his enthusiasm he nearly ended up jumping fence one again only backwards!!! :eek: had to quickly turn him away and only just managed it as he has gotten so good at locking onto his fences!
Stormed round the rest of the course clear and with a pretty fast time :)
And for the best bit.....WE WON!!!!!!! I'm still sitting here smiling! We have only done 3ft classes a handful of times and this is the first time we have been placed! :D :D :D :D
So he got a MASSIVE pat and lots of carrots!!! Lovely lap of honour and a nice rosette to pin to his board at home :) I think I might need a new one as I had to squeeze it right onto the edge! :eek: :D
Some pics of the superstar! :D Will add link to professional photos when they are up and the videos when Photobucket decides to play ball!!! :(
1-2.jpg

2-5.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-2.jpg

6.jpg

CC and comments welcome :) Thanks for reading!