Whoops...just brought a yearling

Snowfilly

Visit site
So, I lost my horse of a lifetime 5 years ago now, and while I've got my Clydesdale and love him dearly, he's a literal cart horse who doesn't really do riding beyond a hack now and then.

So I've been looking since Christmas for a nice 4/5 year old native. Hundreds of adds, dozens of phonecalls and 4 visits to horses who had clearly been spirited away and replaced by alternate dimension evil twins that had never been schooled at all. I wanted a summer of jumping and a winter of hunting.

And last night I saw a beautiful colt on facebook. Everything I love in a welsh, except a yearling. And I didn't sleep all night thinking about him, how beautiful he looked, how excellent his action is... How, for the first time since my boy crossed the bridge, a horse was making my heart sing.

I've done lots of breaking for others in the past, so I threw caution to the winds and brought him unseen this evening. He comes home Thursday and I'm so so happy!

We're going to have a summer of In hand showing and a winter doing horse agility instead.

Snowfilly

Visit site
He's a D, on paper he should make 14.2 which is great as I'm stupidly short and don't really need anything bigger.

Leo Walker

Visit site
I bought mine as a 2yr old because I just LOVED him! I still cant explain the pull I felt. I knew I was buying him from the first minute I saw a photo of him. I had a fractured spine and was in a full body brace, and was also off my face on opiates. My friends had to drive me to see him and then help me out of the car as I was literally cripppled. Said friends should clearly have not allowed any of this to happen :lol:

When I viewed him they couldnt even trot him up as it was such a ***** hole. Still bought him! Hes a hand smaller than he should have been and at times drives me up the wall! But do you know what? He makes my heart sing! From the day he was dropped off he has. Hes a git sometimes and I'm too crippled to ride more than about twice a year, but he makes it all worth while! Hes a lovely person which helps, but just seeing his little cobby face with its pricked ears, looking at me confirms I did the right thing, even though I very definitely did the wrong thing :lol:

Sometimes you just have to go with gut instinct! I owe mine way more than he owes me, but if it doesnt work out, there is no shame in selling a lovely youngster to a good home. If that is what happens then you have played your part in their life and you can feel happy about that :) But i reckon that wont happen, because gut instinct is rarely wrong!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
He's a D, on paper he should make 14.2 which is great as I'm stupidly short and don't really need anything bigger.
Where on earth did the Clydesdale come into it all then!? 😉 BIG horse for someone who needs a 14.2!
Anyway your yearling sounds meant to be! Good luck

Queenbee

Visit site
well done, really pleased for you, you must be so excited!!

However, where are the pics??!! Pics or it didn't happen :p