Who's been eating too many mince pies...eekkk!

pottamus

Visit site
Since my last endurance ride at the end of October I have just kept my Welshie ticking over riding wise...round the block 3 times a week of up to an hour.
In the height of summer I got his weight down to 490kg and the maximum he weighed was 506kg....just weigh taped him tonight at
545 kg!!!!! OMG how did that happen!
confused.gif

Now yes, he is unclipped so pretty woolley but crikey we have some work to do before spring...
crazy.gif

Looks like I won't be having a financial break in between shoeings...was hoping for a couple of 6 weekers over the winter
blush.gif

Any one got a tread mill for a horse they could lend me?
wink.gif

samsaccount

Visit site
If you find someone with a treadmill will you let me know my boy certainly needs it right now. I am sure half of it is just wool. But i know how you feel, you turn your head for 2 mins and they pile on the pounds.
bless

horsegirl

Visit site
we have the opposite problem, I had finally managed to get some weight on my boy but now the grass has gone and it is cold he is looking very ribby again.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
A native's metabolism changes over winter so they won't starve during the months of little food out on the moors and mountains (ring any bells?!) He probably isn't getting as much exercise, possibly no more food than before, but oops big tummy. It has happened to ours and he's on portion control!