Who's bored - fancy finding me a horse?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Since selling my beloved Arnie to THE most fantastic home a few weeks ago :D, we've been trawling the small ads, websites, adverts in tack shops, speaking to those 'in the know', calling in favours, etc, etc, and, despite having looked at a few (not lots), have still not found 'the one'.

I'm looking for something rising 5 or 6, around 15.3 - 16.2, with some quality which can move up through the eventing levels. I'd like it to have been out and about to see the sights but not hammered into the ground already. Not bothered about colour (although would prefer not to have to scrub a grey clean everytime it left the yard ;)) and don't mind if it's a mare or gelding.

I'd prefer it to have clean legs and it should be able to pass a 5-stage vetting

I have a sensible (some may say decent - but not extortionate;)) budget and am open to compromise with my shopping list for something special.

Please help before I go mad!! :eek:

AutumnRose

Visit site
I just went on horsequest to browse and its so confusing now...plus cant find a link but if you go to intro/pn horses and go down to the 19th ad down - potential young event horse. not convinced by flat pic but i like its jump and reasonably priced.

Will continue to look...i like horse shopping....

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I just went on horsequest to browse and its so confusing now...plus cant find a link but if you go to intro/pn horses and go down to the 19th ad down - potential young event horse. not convinced by flat pic but i like its jump and reasonably priced.

Will continue to look...i like horse shopping....

Thanks AR - someone who knows someone knows the horse...... (does that make sense??!! ;) )

magic14339

Visit site
I have a lovely 4yo she is chestnut TBxISH and is lightly backed. She has a wonderful nature and currently stands at 15.3hh ish with more to go. PM me is you want any more info. I also have 2 3yos one bay colt and a grey Hannoverian x TB but suspect they are too young and u don't really want a grey! The greys sire (louella inshallah) is exceptionally light if I remember correctly! Could mean a load of grooming lol :)

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Oh my goodness - what an amazing place this forum is. I've come back to lots of suggestions and loads of PMs - thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply, I will come back to you all. :cool:

Chloe - I'm afraid I've done the ex-racer thing (and before anyone jumps on me, yes I know they can make super riding horses :p ) but this time I want to go with something different.

Ruthnmeg - yes I'm getting to know that site intimately ;) thank you. :)

Flame - she's GREY!! Could you dye her please?! :rolleyes: She looks lovely - leave it with me and I'll add her into the mix.

Magic14339 - do you have any piccies? If so please let me know by PM and I'll let you have my e-mail address. :)

Keep them coming please!! :D

bigboyrocky

Visit site
Robin Dumas always has 4/5/6yr olds for sale... always fantastic quality youngters and perfectly started - really cant fault them at all... his website is www.rosamundgreenfarm.co.uk

they have a few more than are on the website i think, but i saw 'Zilver' at a dressage competition the other day and can say he was a very smart chappy.

anyway, have a look... :)

FlipFlop5

Visit site
You sold Arnie?!
Will have a ask around, trainer might be selling her rising 6yo won PN this season, or are you looking for something thats done less?