Who's coming out of winter a bit to well?

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Hmm, Samuel is a good doer anyway and was already looking (and feeling) rather well and then the last 2 weeks he's been on box rest after an infection in his leg. He's gone from a 44 to 48inch girth and his whole middle section is like one of those doner kebab things they have in kebab shops. I'm not actually sure if he has ribs or is just solid all the way through LOL. Hopefully now he can go out again and has to actually forage hopefully his belly will decrease (With suitable amounts of work too) - especially since we're doing Halton and a Hunter trial towards the end of the month.

Goldenstar

Visit site
Mine are all slim and fit looking apart from the new boy who looks like a horse coming into work but he's not fat .
We have sent four horses out to do 75 days hunting this season between them so they don't have time to get fat .
I on the others hand maintain my condition very well.

Supertrooper

Visit site
Mine is a bit still, tried as hard as I can over the winter though, can't do much more unless I could exercise him.

image.jpg1_7.jpg

live2ride

Visit site
Mine for the first winter ever has gained weight! So rations are cut and shes in a sheet...

11001642_10153661885188206_8481100104060934781_o.jpg
[/URL]

Really worried about the spring at the moment...

Dumbo

Visit site
Mine are looking fab! Surprising really as I've kept hard feed to a minimum but they've had adlib haylage. Always struggled with my thoroughbred but very happy with how he's looking currently, he certainly feels well too!

Kikke

Visit site
Of the three the welsh cob x clyde is a bit heavy..... the other two are just fine and funnily she is the only one in full proper competition work, trying to get as much as possible off over the next month before the spring grass comes through propperly!

Spotsrock

Visit site
Me! I condition score way too high at present, I've tried to reduce feed but I'm hungry, I did have a baby 7 weeks ago tho!

B1 is a bit too well but on a diet and B2 looks great for how little work he's been doing

Spotsrock

Visit site
Last year I was feeding my big lad £80 - £90 a month not including his supplements or haylage! This year I'm getting thru more like £30 for him and less in haylage so much better. It's been a mild winter.

Last edited:

bheb2186

Visit site
my big guy is starting to get his feed and haylage cut down now as he's certainly not needing to put more on. My shetland is on a constant diet and am considering putting him in his own wee paddock to reduce him a bit more and my yearling is just a fine weight