Who's entered for futurity this year...

eika

Visit site
I was going to enter my 2 yr old dressage filly but she had just started dishing :( she is very smart and has been very straight until recently but I don't see the point now.

Partoow

Visit site
eika, dont be too dispondant! you may just need to have a chat with your farrier re trimming but im sure it will be possible to see the positives in your filly , a slight dish would be viewed and assessed with its impact now and then with management for the future. Thats where the vets opinion is very useful.
I hope you re think and you have a go.

JaxMath

Visit site
foal & yearling full sisters (yearling with new owner) and sports pony yearling to Myerscough - busy day ahead me thinks!!!

breezing

Visit site
Hartpury ,sport pony 2yr old by Bernwode Brokat ,if anyone has a spare set of hands I will prob need some help inside as think I am travelling alone

Bennions Field

Visit site
Im not sure if I should take my yearling, she's a PRE (andalusian) she has been bred by my from both a graded mare and stallion, and i think she's good quality, she moves well and looks well at the moment, but is it frowned on for taking a 'foreign' breed??? southview would be the nearest venue, so need to make up my mind fairly quickly i would think - opinions on pic below gratefully received
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550621_465988263417495_1578017824_n.jpg
this is the best pic i could get, if she wasnt trying to eat the camera she was walking away !

Asha

Visit site
Im not sure if I should take my yearling, she's a PRE (andalusian) she has been bred by my from both a graded mare and stallion, and i think she's good quality, she moves well and looks well at the moment, but is it frowned on for taking a 'foreign' breed??? southview would be the nearest venue, so need to make up my mind fairly quickly i would think - opinions on pic below gratefully received
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/550621_465988263417495_1578017824_n.jpg
this is the best pic i could get, if she wasnt trying to eat the camera she was walking away !

If she was mine, id take her.

Go for it. What category would you enter ?

Capriole

Visit site
Very brave to those that are taking foals :)
We debated it but seems like chaos waiting to happen, plus foals not born yet so cant really enter.

stolensilver

Visit site
Last year I helped the stud where my mare lives get 6 mares and foals and a 2yo colt ready. It was incredible how efficient they were. Some of the foals were naughty and needed 4 people to plait them, 3 to hold them still and one lightning quick plaiter. It was good fun.

This year I've entered my UDC foal, I'm trusting she will have unfolded properly by then, she's got till September. :)

Capriole

Visit site
Theres only me to do any turnout work, so definitely a no go then ;) Plaiting a quietish foal is like herding cats anyway, isnt it :D
I guess its more the feeling of tempting fate though. Until its born and we see what it looks like there seems no point anyway, then when its born I will hopefully look at it and think 'Damn, should have entered' and by then it will be too late as there are unlikely to be spaces at the venue we want.

Asha

Visit site
Plaiting a quietish foal is like herding cats anyway, isnt it :D

ha ha, like that ! my first foal was really good to be plaited, just stood still eating his haynet. Last years was 'like herding cats'. Took her to the KWPN grading and got some assistance at the venue from Astrid Bolton who was fantastic, as no way could i do her on my own.

This years foal, hoping shes as good as her brother, she enjoys a good scratch, so hoping to bribe her that way. Time will tell

Smee

Visit site
I'm booked in at Richmond with a 2yo. No idea how I'm going to run him as I'm still suffering from the injury I had at last years futurity when I took my foal. I was very lucky in that some lovely people ran them for me (I was still on crutches at that point!!) Although I did manage to bath & plait myself, with just one helper!

I might have to try & box him to an indoor for some running practise (for my benefit, more than his...!!)

Good luck everyone x

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Last year I had to plait about 20 foals for the AOS auction, had 1 strong man hanging on while I speed plaited! Not repeating that this year as my own 2012 foals wont be going to the futurity as I shall be too busy settling into new job. Maybe next year...

Mugsgame

Visit site
Very true - although foal more important and he's all booked and entered... yearling more out of curiosity really, imo he is maturing quite nicely - and I would be interested to see how this years comments compare to last year! (Or maybe I have too much time on my hands!!! ) :)