Who's going to Badminton?

AmieeT

Visit site
And what days are you going? What day is your favourite?

I'll be going for the full whack, my favourite day is the final day, the atmosphere for the last few in the showjumping is amazing, and there are always some excellent bargains to be had! Of course I love the XC too, but the buzz of the final day, the prize giving, the lap of honour and seeing the Beaufort whizz around with the hounds is fabulous :D

Ax

Last edited:

acorn92x

Visit site
So jealous you are going for the whole thing!

I'm going on Saturday for the XC - the best day of course! :D I'm taking my OHs mum who has never been to any kind of horse show before (Except to watch me but I can assure you, that is hardly Badminton lol) and the lady who owns my share pony so it should be a lovely day out!

miss_c

Visit site
I'm going up on Weds for a nosey - much quieter and cheaper!!! XC day I find is best experienced at home in 3D... ;) Get to see much more with none of the crowds.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
XC day I find is best experienced at home in 3D... ;) Get to see much more with none of the crowds.

Agreed - though I do love to see the xc in the flesh. I tend to alternate each year going on a dressage or xc day. Probably going on Friday this year, depending on the forecast :D

Annie B.

Visit site
I am travelling down on Thursday and going in on the Friday and Saturday. I go to Burghley every year but this will be my first visit to Badminton. Really looking forward to it.

Bertolie

Visit site
I'm going on Saturday and Sunday.....free tickets for Saturday and I found out this morning I've won tickets for Sunday :) Haven't been for a couple of years so really looking forward to it.

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
I've won tickets for the Friday along with a course walk with Lucinda Fredericks. Never been before so I'm looking forwards to it - especially the shopping!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I'm going Thursday for a quiet day minus family and dogs, then again on Saturday with the crew.

I was severely tempted to camp (caravan) this year (we usually do Bramham and Burghley as campers) but having to de ice my car at 6am the last couple of times i went to work put me off!

I will have seen my fave days. I get bored with show jumping.

PolarSkye

Visit site
If finances allow, we are going to XC day - both daughters, dear friend, eldest daughter's non-horsey boyfriend and we'll probably meet up with some other friends. I'd do dressage days (both of 'em) but I'd be on my own.

I actually prefer Burghley - don't know why - but Badders is a good day out and then I can watch the highlights/SJing on the red button on Sunday. If the weather is rubbish, we won't go - instead we'll go over to Z's house (Kal's former jockey) and watch with lots of wine and nibbles.

P

Magnadoodle

Visit site
I am ...My very first big horse show... Set off early Thursday morning from Scotland and head home after prize giving on Sunday....Can't wait xx

Last edited:

On the Hoof

Visit site
I am, a big group of us from our yard are going on the Friday and we plan to have big picnic (please don't rain!) and then Sat for Xc with my friend. Can't wait! Just finalising my shopping list ...

LeannePip

Visit site
A friend and i were supposed to be going to riding camp on the same weekend so was gutted to miss Badminton again, but now we both have sick note ponies and cant go to camp we get to go to Badders, Every cloud and all! There wont be much shopping (thanks to said sick note ponies) but hopefully the weather will be nice, we can wander round the XC, or find a spot and eat a picnic!