whos got rugs on at the mo??

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Just out of interest, is anyone still using some sort of rug on thier horse?? trying to decide whether i should still have a thin sheet rug on girly in evening just to keep her coat nice and clean...(i know, i know
tongue.gif
)

went to show Sunday and some of the horses look sooo nice and clean, shiny wondered whether they still used rugs???

Sal_E

Visit site
Nothing - it's so nice to get fresh air on their backs & let the horse just be a horse for a few months, you know? It doesn't last long though!

katiejaye

Visit site
Nope, I like to make the most of being able to let Louis be rug free! I have a light weight rain sheet though for it really starts pouring or the little man objects to going out! He's not an all weather type!

mandy4727

Visit site
Naked at the moment. But will put a thin turnout on both of them tomorrow as it is supposed to rain all day here. Old guy who is clipped is going to have a summer sheet on at night. Can't win. Clip him cos he is too hot and next thing he has a rug on cos too cold!!!!!!!!!! British weather eh???????

S_N

Visit site
If it wasn't for having a foal at foot, B would have a LW on in the rain and a bug rug over night, but be naked when in during hot days. BUT due to the monster, she has to be nekkid att - she HATES rain too - shivers/shudders/trembles - total mess bless her.

Hornby

Visit site
Both have rugs on tonight - gale force winds and rain forecast - one is 24 and feeling his age this summer and one is almost white (and I want to keep her that way!)

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Mine have no rugs on, only out at night, like to let them be natural whilst they can, they have plenty of shelter and are VERY well covered with fat so won't do them any harm, but then one is a shettie!

Nic

Visit site
D will be getting his no fill Masta on as soon as it arrives if the weather doesn't pick up as he is also looking a little fluffy.

Pony no1 won't get his on untill he gets a full clip in Octoberish
Pony No2 has cushings so doesn't need one at all.

Honeyb060674

Visit site
We is NAKED..at the moment. Its been too hot and she would prob sweat up with a flysheet on, like a lot of people tho I think they are soooo much happier in the buff! If the weather carries on (been 'orrid' for 2 days) might consider lightweight waterproof. To be honest she goes without for as long as shes happy, cos once its on...its on! Much better than faffing about rug on/rug off!

JessPickle

Visit site
ours dont, but I was shocked yesterday when turning pickle out, as one ponies owner had put quite a heavy new zeland on, and it was only raining very lightly pickle and henry went out with nothing and henry is a tb x the horse with the rug on is new forest x!

burtie

Visit site
Rugs!!?? I thought it was summer? Nope don't rug all summer, never have with any of my horses, from full TBs to natives. They have trees and bushes for shelter.

The only rug I would ever consider in the summer is a fly or sweetitch rug. Let the poor things be horses for a few months!!

But then to be fair I do live in the Sunny south.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Yeh mine are rugless at the mo - just wondered if I was doing somthing wrong lol!! All the lovly horses at Limes at the weekend seemed to have lovely short shiny coats so thought they must be doing somthing im not lol
smile.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Up until a few days ago mine were naked, but the temperature seems to have plummeted around here at night times so mine are currently wearing a lightweight stable rug at night...

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Two of ours are out at night at the mo and the last couple of days have been horrendous weather wise (thought autumn had arrived early!) - well we are up on't moors so knock 10 degrees off everyone else's temperatures. It was blowing a force 7 yesterday and peeing down today so both went out with rugs on. My arab was NOT impressed by the rain and stood by the gate wanting to come back in. Heartless me ignored him!

The two that come in at night and go out during the day are rugless though - except for fly rugs when its hot.