Who's leaving their horse/s out tonight?

EventingMad

Visit site
Just been on to Metcheck to check the forecast for tomorrow as i’m going down to stay with an auntie in Gloucestershire, can’t wait!
grin.gif

For tonight Metcheck is issuing a severe weather warning for most of the country by the looks of things.
crazy.gif

Around here it's going to be pretty windy, with some rain and quite a mild temperature compared to what it has been lately!

Just feeling a little cruel now for leaving him out now, or am I being soft?!
blush.gif
tongue.gif

longtalltilly

Visit site
OUT?!?!?! Mine would have heart failure.....waiting by the gate at 4 begging to come in!

Id have thought yours would be ok though if he is used to it!

RachelB

Visit site
Mine and her two friends are out... mostly because tomorrow night looks horrific so they can stay out tonight in favour of coming in tomorrow night as we don't like to bring them in too often! I did give in and stuck her hood on though so she has plenty of shelter from the rain
smile.gif

SpottedCat

Visit site
Soft - assuming they have access to shelter. It has been -24 here (I kid you not - I refuse to leave the apartment, riding be damned!), and the yard where I have been helping/riding has 4 horses who live out, unrugged (they have a shelter) and who seem perfectly content. We had several inches of wet, fluffy snow the day before yesterday too.

I have decided that even with my low-level rugging which I use in the UK, my horse is horribly pampered after what I've seen them put up with (and look incredibly well, even the oldies) over here!

ETA: All TBs or TBx too...

Chex

Visit site
Mine is out aswell, feel a bit bad as its pouring down and rather windy! But he didn't want to come in and now that the grass has finally defrosted he has plenty to eat. I think he prefers being out tbh, always desperate to get out in the morning even though he's in for less than 10 hours
frown.gif

EventingMad

Visit site
I did the same Silmarillion going to bring him in tomorrow late morning before the bad weather kicks off! People have been saying i'm cruel to leave himout in this weather and i was saying no he's a blooming horse!
Went to give him his tea and he was more interested in his food than me and wasn't waiting by the gate!

samstar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
out in all weathers even in that cold spell, both rugged
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

wimps...lol
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

They had no choice cos mummy decided they wore them, so don't call them wimps. well h you can
grin.gif

JM07

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Rumour has it, long ago, all horses lived out.

Without rugs.

Obviously I can't prove it happened, but I think it did!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

rumour isnt far wrong.................

tongue.gif

Chestnuttymare

www.ipcmedia.com
no way, mine would jump out and let herself in. I know horses used to live out, but we have bred and bred for finer animals without the furry coats that they used to have. well mostly anyway. we have also made them soft with all the rugs and an easy pampered life. Thats just the way it is. I couldn't leave my tb to freeze and be miserable, just because all horses used to live outdoors 24/7.