Who's the Daddy? *Pictures*

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Hi All!

Was looking for thoughts on who or what might have been the sire of my 2 year old! Jacob was a surprise from my 15.3hh chestnut mare, tried contacting previous owners but they deny all knowledge of her running with any colts or stallions so i really am clueless!

He'll be 2 this month and is standing at 14.3hh! Recent Picture isnt too good- took it tonight!

Thanks guys!
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=4835&pictureid=16725

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=4835&pictureid=16726

picture.php

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=4833&pictureid=16720

Cherrygarden

Visit site
Lovely surprise though : ) he looks very smart for an unknown quantity but I have no idea about the breeding although I am going to say I think it wasn't a coloured cob!
How big is the mare and what does she bring to the mix, that might help to untangle what else is in there, also sizes etc?

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Lovely surprise though : ) he looks very smart for an unknown quantity but I have no idea about the breeding although I am going to say I think it wasn't a coloured cob!
How big is the mare and what does she bring to the mix, that might help to untangle what else is in there, also sizes etc?
He's great for a freebie!
Maisy's around15.3hh, Her mother was a Clydesdale X Section D and her sire was Tornado (Son of Darco) So she is a really good type too! There's a few pictures of her in my ablums.

He'll be two this month and if a good 14.3hh, and still leggy and bum high!

Cherrygarden

Visit site
I was going to say I thought there was maybe welsh in there having a few partbreds but sounds like that comes from her or maybe both sides : )

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Hes quite like his mum. He cant seem to trot or canter without sticking his tail straight up in the air! He has dead floaty paces and covers the ground with ease. Also, he can jump! He had managed to jump out of the arena on a few occasions no problem!- I try not to encourage this!!

Lyssatra

Visit site
I'm no help on the "Who's the Daddy front" - sorry...just wanted to say that he is a lovely suprise package.
Going to be a very nice youngster, best of luck with him and finding out more about his possible genes!

I'm not sure if DNA testing is possible ithout a sample from sire and dam? I'm not sure if there is a central database like on the CSI human shows where they can match siblings, family members etc based of common alleles in the DNA.

Moody-Mare

Visit site
Thank you, he really was a bargin! BOGOF lol!
I did look in to getting him DNA tested through the Scottish Sports Horse- but I'd need to know the stallions name to dna test againt:(

Just need to wait and see how he turns out! Will try get some more pictures if the weather picks up! Hes a tad scruffy!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
He is a nice stamp, not bad for a bogof ! I wonder if the previous owner thought the mare was not in foal when they sold her to you.