Who's the dumbest of them all?

Auslander

Visit site
That would be me.
I gave Alf a full tube of Domoseden this morning. He is a shiverer, so its the only way the farrier can get hind shoes on him safely and without stressing him out.
Farrier didn't turn up at 9.30. Rang him at 10, all grumpy, to ask where the bloody hell he was. Despite a conversation on Friday about when to give Alf the sedation, and the appointment being clearly written, in his handwriting, on the board - he denied all knowledge of an appointment this morning.
He went through his diary and said "You're booked for Mon the 1st" . "I KNOW!" said I - looking at my board, which clearly shows the appointment on the 1st..."It's the 25th today, Al" he said...
Sighs...

Midlifecrisis

Visit site
I can join you....I was convinced this weekend was Mother’s Day and the clocks were going forward..no one corrected me when I rabbited on about it....another deep sigh

Fransurrey

Visit site
I can join you....I was convinced this weekend was Mother’s Day and the clocks were going forward..no one corrected me when I rabbited on about it....another deep sigh
I went further than this and sent my Mum a card and flowers. She was most confused. Turns out she's in Venice with her sister next week, though, so a cool mistake to make.

OP, I have done the same! I've done it the other way round, too. Been leaving the yard and passed farrier on way out, had an oh sheet moment and had to quickly turn round. Oh dear.. 😂

Auslander

Visit site
OP, I have done the same! I've done it the other way round, too. Been leaving the yard and passed farrier on way out, had an oh sheet moment and had to quickly turn round. Oh dear.. 😂

I regularly forget he's coming, and look absolutely blank when he pulls onto the yard, so this kind of idiocy is nothing new to him. I'm mostly smarting about the wasted Domoseden. Expensive error!

Antw23uk

Visit site
I heard a knock on the door last night (very unusual) and opened it to see the hairdressing standing there! She twigged straight away that I clearly wasnt expecting her and thankfully she was on time for once otherwise we would have both been at the yard!

Fransurrey

Visit site
Just popping back to report that I thought new horsey was trying it on, this morning, refusing to leave his haylage pile. Unusual, I thought, but persevered trying to pull him away using the reins. Resorted to flicking his neck with the reins and he pulled away from shelter with an accompanying snap of baler twine. Some stupid arrsse had forgotten to unclip the lead rope from his head collar, worn underneath the headpiece. Then I got back home and started to put the bin out, before realising it was a day early. Ho hum.

Absolutely EVERYTHING is going to blamed on the menopause for the next 10 years, although in reality I've always had episodes like this. #notsafetobeoutunsupervised

tristar

Visit site
never mind you still have it to look forward to, but do not forget to change the clock on sat or you might be late