Whose awake? 2.25am

smiles24

Visit site
I'm sitting here on foal watch all on my Todd and it's cold. I really need a wee but don't want to keep getting out of the car and disturbing my mare. She's been restless all evening and started lying down in ten minute blocks so I was sure this was it. Am still watching and waiting in my car with the CCTV.

MileAMinute

Visit site
Me.

P*ssed off. I live with my mother and her boyfriend. Mother is off on a night shift, leaving her OH to sit and drink vodka.
He's now drunk and blaring music out, and I have uni in 4 hours.
It isn't worth my life to confront him and ask to turn it down when he's like this, so I'm looking forward to spending my night playing crappy online games!
Apologies for rant, feel slightly better now it's out there!

Good luck for foalie! :D :D

smiles24

Visit site
Inconsiderate Toss pot. I feel for you. A day of lectures on no sleep is no fun, been there done that. I once fell asleep and toppled off my chair backwards in a lecture...oh the shame ;)

copper100

Visit site
Me, am awake, other half is snoring like a trooper and has woken me up. Now feeling like a bacon sandwich but not sure I can be asked to make one.

Happy early Monday everyone

MileAMinute

Visit site
Inconsiderate Toss pot. I feel for you. A day of lectures on no sleep is no fun, been there done that. I once fell asleep and toppled off my chair backwards in a lecture...oh the shame ;)

Thanks :) I wouldn't mind but I've got practicals and mock exams so need to be as on the ball as possible, and I don't function well on little sleep, particularly if it's not my choice!

Please keep us posted on marewatch! x

smiles24

Visit site
I'd kill for a bacon butty.... Bit of sauce and chrispy bacon. Copper100 that was uncalled for, all I have is a pack of rich tea biscuits.

smiles24

Visit site
Nothing yet and I fear a long night. Other people get to the yard about 6 so I would think if it is happening she will want it done by then so not too long. I might of got it wrong but she's never usually this restless and never lies down so watch this space.

copper100

Visit site
Sorry, I'm settling for a packet of cheese and onion as really cannot be asked to the griddle pan out.

Will have to wait for the sarnie till the morning, with ketchup though lol.

On the plus side you maybe cold, but there is nothing like welcoming a baby into the world..

smiles24

Visit site
I agree, so exciting. I've decided even if it's false alarms I'd rather be tired for a few weeks than miss it.

I was convinced something may happen tonight, she's only bagged up a tiny amount but has quite a slack girlie area so I might be right or I might not.
Chrisps do nothing for me so you ok there :)

copper100

Visit site
Exactly you need to be there it a wicked moment even if means losing a little sleep.

Me snoring is still continuing, and the Law and Order SVU that I missed earlier has just appeared so looks like I won't be going back to bed for a while.

Hope all goes well, with mum and awaited baby.

smiles24

Visit site
Grumpjewel try flapping the covers as you get out of bed. I find a good blast of cold air soon wakes them up. Failing that a good dig in the ribs works too.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Fingers crossed for baby! And for music to turn down! Headphones (for you?).

I have a stinky cold and conjunctivitis. Blah. And my feet are cold and I'm hungry (bacon butty!), but the kitchen is a long way down and I'm a lazy mare lol

copper100

Visit site
We have two remotes thankfully, curtesy of a cable company mistake. It can get quite amusing sometimes especially when he's watching his beloved footie and I use mine.

However, I am enjoying the freedom of having the internet all to myself. Checking out the odds for Camelot to win the Derby, not a good price though he is just too speedy.

Please post pics of the baby, whenever it appears.

smiles24

Visit site
Mrsmozart welcome to this ungodly hour. I'm still thinking about the bacon buttie that copper100 teased me with. So not fair. Hope you feel better soon.

copper100

Visit site
Hope you feel better soon Mrs Mozart..

My kitchen is 10 seconds away, still cant be asked,so please lets stop talking bout the bacon cos I may just have to make a sarnie

Dolcé

Visit site
I'm up, we have a lot going on in the next few weeks and I just can't sleep for stressing, I seem to spend a lot of my time on here in the early hours of the morning recently! I don't want a bacon butty though, I'm completely off food!

Good luck with the foaling, hope all goes well.

smiles24

Visit site
But it would be such a good sarnie. The best bacon buttie would in my opinion be on thick freshly cut doorstop slices of White bread. Proper butter and then loads of chrispy bacon topped of with tomato sauce. Just enough to peek out the edge but not enough to drip down your top. Add a giant mug of hot chocolate to wash it down and bliss. Alas my kitchen is 5min drive away and you could garentee she'd pop this foal whilst I was away.

Copper100 hope that helped ;)

smiles24

Visit site
Dolce I have problems sleeping too sometimes. Have you tried a hot shower/bath or even just watching some mind numbing tv to help you relax? I write everything down on a pad by my bed. Seeing it on paper seems to somehow put it all into context and shows me where to start dealing with problems. Might be worth a try.

copper100

Visit site
Now your being the tease Smiles24.

Snoring now stopped, think i will stay on the couch though for risk of it starting again, and that really cute EDF advert has just come on.

Look forward to your pics Smiles and hope your not too cold

Newlands

Visit site
I'm awake feeding my very hungry 7 week old son. OH also snoring oblivious to babies cries, I like a good kick in the shin. Good luck with foal watch, any update? Hope your all snoozing now. McDonald's breakfast mmm

smiles24

Visit site
Nothing yet, we get up we lie down we get up we lie down......... Could just be foal pressing on a nerve and she can't get comfy knowing my luck.

My 18mnth old twins still don't sleep through the night yet, as soon as we get close they get a cold, at the moment it's their jabs making them grotty along with teething. Kick him in the shins, I promise it does make you feel better.

copper100

Visit site
Tried going back to bed but he just rolled over on me and starting snoring again.

Now whoever has suggested a McDi's breakfast please can I have a Bacon and Egg Mcmuffin with a hash brown on the side thank you

She sound's really uncomtable bless her, which as women don't we get when giving birth, cannoot wait to see her babe.

Actuually it's been a good night to be awake.