Whose idea was it about horsebox living?

lisan

pets.webshots.com
To whoever suggested building one, thankyou!

Went to B&Q yesterday, got a lovely peice of worktop for £5 - cupboard door £3 then got some wood, hinges, handle and lino for the floor - and my mate has made a start on assembling it for me, so photo's to follow! Would have had more done, but muppet here bought the wrong cupboard hinges!! Ooops! Another trip to B&Q!

Nic

Visit site
That might have been me but I could be wrong!
blush.gif
That's where Mum & Dad got our living from.

Glad it's worked out
grin.gif

cp1980

Visit site
I dream about building my own horsebox (a bit sad, but I'm the creative type, you know!)

In the mean time, I've joined this club:

http://www.sbmcc.co.uk/

The Self Build MotorCaravanners Club

They are a bunch of campervan enthusiast who like to design and build their own vans. Some do it for cost, but most because they enjoy the challenge.

Have a look at their website. If you have any technical questions about anything, you can post on their forum - what they don't know about living isn't worth knowing!

They have some pictures of various self-build projects that are interesting too.

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
We did our own living. In total it cost abou £300 including new fire retardent cushions and upholstery, wall coverings, lino. As my daughter helped she is very precious about keeping it nice now - bonus. I had a quote of over £1000 from a horsebox fitter

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Right, just going for a nosey on there!! Mine is only a 3.5tonne, so only one cupboard, with a tiny sink and 2 ring hob (so I can brew up at shows!) oh and make the odd bacon butty of course
grin.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
I paid a guy to do my old horsebox living, and he only charged me £300 which was fab to include, sink, tap, hob, cupboards and wardrobe when I started looking at the price of things!! Definitely worth doing it yourself if you can. those lovely smev combi sink/hob/grills are an absolute fortune!!

cp1980

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Definitely worth doing it yourself if you can. those lovely smev combi sink/hob/grills are an absolute fortune!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are several "caravan breakers" dotted around who take new accident damaged caravans and strip out the almost new servicable parts and furniture.

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Ive joined that forum as well.. I must do something about my box but am not very good at DIY and have no OH now to ask
frown.gif

I could do with some decent living for my trip out next week.