WHP - not registered M&M

Kylara

Visit site
So planning on taking mother's new purchase out to some WHP classes as he looks smart and has a neat jump on him. He's a welsh D type but is unregistered so I'm at a bit of a loss as to plaiting etiquette and whether I could get away with local M&M ;) or whether to just go into general WHP class and plait the mane up and plait/pull/leave the tail, I'm not sure what current etiquette is regarding tails. Obviously feather and jaw would be trimmed and I'd be chalking his socks up for gleaming whiteness!

I'm getting a thorn saddle pad for the littlies, but it would probably double up as showing saddle for him, just need to get a brown normal bridle as he came with a micklem. So tack is sorted. Long boots and canary breeches, need a new velvet show hat with flesh straps as mine is ancient and doubt it fulfills the PAS requirements! Brown gloves - where are they....I've got a lovely deep green/brown tweed jacket so thinking pale yellow shirt and a tie rather than a stock as my mass of hair will need netting and securing with a matching ribbon/scrunchie and I'm small and look a little OTT with a stock! Showing canes aren't necessary for WHP classes are they? Goodness I can't believe how long it has been since I've taken my own beasty to a show rather than turning up and riding for someone else (who handily supplies everything but underwear and breeches!)

I think he'd do quite well, but it has been a while since I did WHP showing! at 14hh he would definitely be WHP and he's not quite big enough for a hunter class.

Not sure if he could do any other classes.

13923817_10153715404692344_8340154771305919179_o.jpg

Tiarella

www.myspace.com
How old are you?

If run under bsps/nps rules the horse won't be able to compete unless registered with breed society although will prob be fine if very local. M&M workers are open to any age rider and the horse is shown in their natural state. Plaited workers there are certain height V age classes for example 148cm is age 20 (I think) or below etc etc

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
How does he move? that would make my decision on finding classes that said don't have to be registered (depends on area that one as to whether you have any) or just plaiting up and carrying on.
Most welshies are tail pulled anyway, just depends whether you bang or feather it depending on class ;) He doesn't look to have much feather if not trimmed?

Also depends a bit if you have M+M WHP in the locality, those I have done have generally been particularly small jumps so I have ended up doing the other classes as a welshie anyway and nobody questions that, assuming you just want to jump bigger than 2' :p

Kylara

Visit site
Hah, he's currently trimmed but it's growing out, so I think he would probably be best plaited up anyway simply because I can't insist feather grows overnight! Easy enough to register him with NPS or whoever I'd think, he has a generic passport at the minute, rather than a welsh or welsh PB (lazy breeder from the history I have gathered).

He moves nicely, can tend a little to the knee action in trot but relaxes into a fairly decent shape, lovely walk and canter. I need to get him officially measured, but he looks to be 14hh so I might come up against age restrictions as he isn't over 14.2! Hadn't thought of that, I'm over the limit for 143, but under the age limit for the bigger ones. Hmmm.

It would only be super local though I think as he will be a produce and sell, so good to get him out and about even if HC.

He'd be too small for WH though as it's 14.2 and over isn't it? Same for small hunter and general "adult" classes? *sigh* it's a shame when the tiny people amongst us can't do the classes we want to! Need to get a measuring stick and hope he's 14.2!

ester

Visit site
Mine's 14.2, I was only talking ponies :) IME there tends to be novice and open WHP and the open you at least get to jump 2'6, maybe 2'9 if you are lucky ;). M+M WHP tends to be 2', 2'3 if your lucky which tends not to show my lad at his best.

I have shown mine as both as there have been times his legs have been clipped but although he isn't terribly welsh in his movement it is still obvious to everyone what he really is and that he shouldn't really be a plaited.

Kylara

Visit site
Ah could manage open WHP then as guessing age restriction is lifted ;) eugh, why must there be age restrictions!
I think he's technically a PB but looks very D to me, and has a lovely neat jump. Too small for a Hunter or a Cob though and too small for ss classes as well ;) unless he does measure at 14.2hh and then everything is much easier - such an annoying height to show with is 14hh!

Eugh tiny fence heights are so annoying.

ester

Visit site
No one ever asked me how old I was :p at the end of the day most local shows just want entries :p and most don't run under a showing society rules.