Why are rugs so addictive??!!!

1happyhacker

Visit site
Why are rugs so addictive, my horse doesn't need any more, most I have have seen better days I do agree, but they are still serviceable and do the job, yet I have seen a lovely fleece and LW turnout that would suit him so well and I want!!!

Is it just because it's like clothes shopping but I can't justify spending it on me so I spend it on the horse instead??!!!
confused.gif

amandathepanda

Visit site
I am a compulsive rug buyer. Thankfully I have discovered a company on ebay which does fab turn out & stable rugs for about 20 quid so it makes my weird fetish more affordable!

Hollycat

Visit site
I have the same fetish. I can't believe I have had my horse for not even 2 years and I have ...... 4 stable rugs, 5 turnout rugs and 3 coolers. About £1000 in rugs!!!! My excuse is that he's outgrown the ones I bought for him when he arrived!

Cop-Pop

Visit site
I don't know but I wish they weren't
frown.gif
I'm having to sell some to make room for new ones
tongue.gif
(and to fund new ones....)
grin.gif

RedVendetta

Visit site
Im the same with rugs and I have the same fetish for .... wait for it.... bits!! How weird am I. I buy BITS on impulse! And then never use them. We all have our strange habits.
I did clear out my tackroom last week and found so many bits and bobs that I dont use or have never use and Ive put them all on ebay. I could do with the extra money at the moment anyway!!

Keltic

Visit site
Oh i love rugs Im ashamed to admit i have 15 turnout rugs, 6 stable rugs, 7 cooler fleeces etc and 2 excercise sheets!!
I just need a few more horses i think as i only have 2
blush.gif
lol

Keltic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ooh Panda which company is that
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Please dont post the reply Panda or I may have to name you in my divorce!!!! for encouraging me!!lol not that i need much
grin.gif

amandathepanda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ooh Panda which company is that
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not advertising but this company on ebay is fab! ridelouk

I've had a few rugs from them now (ok, maybe 8!) and they are basically copies of more expensive brands like Rambo. Quality is really good and they fit well too! If you time it right, you can get aheavy weight turnout in their auction for under 20 quid - can't beat that!

checkmate1

Visit site
I think your right happy hackers, you can't justify spending the money on yourself, but its easy to spend it on the horse! I've got 10 rugs for my horse, am wanting a h/w TO and a new fleece aswell-shes a spoilt little madam.

NIKKI1974

Visit site
i have this problem too but i have also been known to buy a rug that they did not have in my horses size just incase i ever bought another horse to fit it!! Now that is looney!
grin.gif

wonkey_donkey

Visit site
Phew! RV glad there is another one like me, I am also a bit and rug impulsive nutter! Loves seeing loads of clean bit's hanging up in my tack room - totally barmy!!!
crazy.gif