WHY CANT I SELL MY SADDLE!!! HELP!!

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
My local saddler is 'too busy' and its been in adtrader for weeks.

Anyone got any info on where i can sell a saddle please?
Its got money tied up in it and its money i need desperately.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Everything I've read about second hand saddles at the moment is that they're not selling, or if they are then it's not very fast or for decent prices
frown.gif

What about the second hand saddle buyers? I know there are some around, but unfortunately don't know they're names, sorry.

cluedo

Visit site
I'm also in the same boat and been trying to sell a Kieffer dressage saddle ... had it on ebay for £475 with no bids. It's a £1400 saddle and can't believe it won't sell.

lauraanddolly

Visit site
Its not just the credit crunch I think. I had my SJ saddle for sale for weeks and no interest - I thought about trying it on ebay but I can't be bothered, after xmas its going to saddles direct I have taken a cut on the price I wanted but it's worth it not to have it in the house - its never going to be any use to me any more and I wanted it gone.
Its a shame because its a nice saddle and only had 12 mths of chow use with me but there is no way its going to fit my mare again.
There is another site cased in Scotland though I believe :www.qualitysaddles.co.uk
Good luck with it!

amandathepanda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also in the same boat and been trying to sell a Kieffer dressage saddle ... had it on ebay for £475 with no bids. It's a £1400 saddle and can't believe it won't sell.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
I'm amazed that hasn't sold! If only I had a spare £475 I'd have snatched your hand off as that would be lovely on my baby I'm about to start breaking.

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
It has been for sale for a long time so its not xmas primarily to blame.

Its a Barnsby Supreme in Medium 17.5" black and immaculate condition!
It was bought for £500 6 months ago and im willing to take a cut by half!

Ive emailed saddles direct but not had a price emailed back to me yet but i was told to be prepared for a big cut.
Ive been watching barnsbys on ebay and theyre not selling so im reluctant to advertise it there as its just a waste of fee's.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I think the only stuff that gets decent prices are big names. My Prestige sold for what I bought it for on ebay. I dropped it off and was paid cash.

Sarahgema

Visit site
im looking fir a jumping saddle - need extra extra wide though for my welsh D - looking to spend around £500 but must be brown-not black!
also - saddles direct is quiet good and doesn't give bad prices.
my friend has a kieffer jumping saddle and only wants £350 ish for it and can't sell that! I want to buy and can't get right size - no1 has a jumping saddle in extra extra wide!

auntyfred

Visit site
I have found this is the time of year when things like saddles don't sell. Spring time I found best. Not what you want to hear if you need the money now.

GinaGem

Visit site
Might be worth trying Ebay. I've sold 4 second hand saddles on there recently and all went for about the price i paid for them even though i had them a few years. I advertised them worldwide though and three went abroad (Germany, America and Canada). The only one that i was hoping for more for wasn't so popular but it was an 18" seat and narrow width which i can't think is that popular, that one sold in the UK.

HLB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
im looking fir a jumping saddle - need extra extra wide though for my welsh D - looking to spend around £500 but must be brown-not black!
also - saddles direct is quiet good and doesn't give bad prices.
my friend has a kieffer jumping saddle and only wants £350 ish for it and can't sell that! I want to buy and can't get right size - no1 has a jumping saddle in extra extra wide!

[/ QUOTE ]

OH i have an x wide 17.5 Harry Dabbs flat seat in chestnut brown
wink.gif

I too have saddles to sell Albion SLK wide 17.5, hardly used want about 695 give or take no sold on ebay for months!!

treeless barefoot brand new so want about 300 - literally used 5 times, only selling as i got the dressage one instead for me coloured cob/ couldnt get anything else to fit him
smirk.gif

also Flyde marjorie wide 17.5 black brand new (again used about 5times) brought for a cob that want to drive!!
smirk.gif
crazy.gif
mad.gif
want i dunno - what ever i can get!!!

ooohhh its all a Bl??dy inconvenience this money business!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've a brown, Bates Close Contact, 17" in great condition that's no longer needed by my daughter. It has the Cair system & obviously the gullet width can be changed to whatever size you want in 5 minutes using just a screwdriver.
smile.gif