Why does everyone want grass livery at this time of year??

cazzaroogie

Visit site
Anyone know why it is so hard to fill a yard?? Great facilities think are charging average prices but all I get is grass livery people or diy!! Must be other people out there!!!!!!

Bossanova

Visit site
We do full/part with very restriceted turnout in the winter and we are jam packed full with horses spilling out and a waitlist. Their are clients out there, good luck finding them!!

cazzaroogie

Visit site
Thanks had loads of time wasters. Living in the South East seems there are too many other yards out there!! Will keep advertising and fingers crossed after Xmas:)

Tia

Visit site
Ahh well I would have expected there to be more Full liveries around that area. My yard was on the Hants/Wilts border and about a quarter of my liveries were on Full and the rest were on DIY.

Who are your competitors? Perhaps they are offering more? Or are more accessible?

cazzaroogie

Visit site
Not really got any competitors around my area all they offer is DIY and that seems to be all people want for some reason. Also we have much better facilities than most but still seems hard to fill.

Tia

Visit site
Maybe people don't have a long commute so would prefer to do their horses themselves? The full liveries I had were ones who worked away from home so they needed someone to be with the horses every day.

Have you advertised in Old Basing Saddlery and Calcutts?

Salcey

Visit site
There are two yards near us, one has only 3 liverys when it can take 15 or so, the other is usually full and at the moment has 4 empty boxes - both are DIY - its really strange

the watcher

Visit site
Maybe they have all realised what a pain it is dragging horses around in the dark night and morning through the mud when the horses themselves are quite hungry and grumpy. this is my first winter in a while of having to stable horses at night and it has hugely increased my workload, and the horses are not as chilled as other years.

cazzaroogie

Visit site
Thanks Tia for suggesting Old Basing to put ad, have done it there and at Stable Door in Burghfield. So fingers crossed will have some more responses soon. Seems most people use horsemart to look as have had a lot of calls from there.