Why does he keep weeing??

SmartieBean09

Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Wonder if you could help?

Friends horse for the last 3 weeks keeps stopping for a wee when being ridden. We originally thought that it was behavioural (he likes to poo when then the going get tough in the school lol) but now she is beginning to worry as he is weeing more and more. Today for example, we went out on a hack for 1.5 hours and he stopped for a wee 5 times! The wee's aren't small amounts either!

His urine is clear and doesn't smell. His temp is normal. Could be Cushings I guess but he isn't displaying the usual signs. Vet is booked for Wednesday but wondered if anyone had experienced the same or similar?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I'd say Cushings would be my first thought too.

Mine showed very few typical symptoms (and was borderline on test results) but has benefited hugely from being treated at a low level - a drier bed has been a huge upside :D

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
It is a common symptom of Cushing's. Autumn is the time where it often first shows as the levels are at a peak. It was the case with mine.
I'd also have a good check for a bean Incase it's stopping him from emptying his bladder fully.

silv

Visit site
My friends horse does this, she got him investigated by a very good horse vet, no abnormalities detected, vet said not to worry it is just him. This has gone on for about 5 years since she bought him.

Visit site
Sounds like cushings - this is something my boy does *all the time*, diagnosed with cushings in april and been medicated ever since.
The good news is, on medication its not the end of the world and they basically go back to normal