Why having a pale palomino with no rugs is not good....

Gingernags

Visit site
Not so little Ivy the terrible is being wintered without rugs as she's fat enough to stay warm and has a coat like a polar bear... I think though when my sister looks at her some days, she wishes she was rugged to the eyeballs...

Hmmmm... shall I jump on Aunti Asti while she's rolling?

trialfromphone020.jpg

Ah well, maybe if I pretend to eat she'll not notice the filth...

trialfromphone025.jpg

Mucky? Who? Me?

Photo-0678e.jpg

No! Not so much as a poop stain! Oh...there is?

trialfromphone023.jpg

Look dammit, put away the camera or I'll get ya!

trialfromphone026.jpg

She's been a lot better lately, still likes to try and wrestle you with her teeth, but playful like - though at 15.2 and still growing, its not ideal, she's a bit big!!! However, sister has recently introduced her to a concept Asti understands - the naughty corner. If you are very naughty (and yes, pulling a 'spensive rug off the door, ripping it and breaking the clip on the front IS naughty) you get banished to the back corner of the stable with much growling and stern-ness and you have to stay there until you grovel nicely for forgiveness.

Asti rarely gets sent there but oh boy does she know its for really bad things!

Well now Ivy has been introduced and was not a happy polar bear...

Are you sure you'd still like her Chambon???
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
my friend has a skewbald that she winters out (no rugs) and he comes in every day plastered from head to foot in mud. When its raining he rolls in the puddles and comes in dripping with mud - lovely horse!!!!!!!!

Alibear

Visit site
I can confirm that is perfectly normal for a horse her colour my mare kindly informed me one day it was because she wanted to be bay.

The stud farm has been puzzled by the sudden appearance of a mud wallow next to the water trough in their field until I told them to watch her one day. She would stick her head under and hold the trigger down to make it over flow then have a god stomp around making a nice muddy puddle to role in.

She also went and rolled in the stream but never came out any cleaner.

She was rechristened a hippopotahorse
grin.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Yep amazing how they can look like this:

Chanceraged28months.jpg

The day before he was in show turnout.

I too use the naughty corner for Chancer - glad to know I am not the only one who does it - some folks think I am strange, but it works.