Why is it so hard sometimes?

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Owning horses that is. Sometimes one of them just wheedles their way into your heart and sticks there. Currently getting my mind around sending Cam away for a while just to be a horse. I know he won't look back a second time and will be off and happy with his new friends, but I am tearing up thinking about him not being right outside my front door. I have Cassie, and she is lovely. Still yet to really love her as she has only been here for a few weeks. But Cam just holds my heart with all that we have been through. So feeling guilty (about both of them), sad about things that haven't happened. happy about future times. Just wondering why this sometimes has to be so difficult when they are our hobby. No, scrap that, they are our life. Here is my bog monster looking lovely, despite being fluffy and somewhat roughed off. xxx

2d7ec3a8-9ee8-4241-bbcf-4e4cf7f8a081_zpszoenjlro.jpg

Spottyappy

Visit site
Just sent one of ours away,for schooling. Looking at her empty stable is awful, and her friends don't help as they stand at the gateway calling her, and waiting for her to be turned out.
I know she is safe and cared for, goodness knows how difficult it would be were it a worse scenario.

JustKickOn

Visit site
When you have a special bond with a horse they are so much more than just a horse.

We have to do what is best for them and be strong through our tears.

I'll admit I cried when I went on holiday for a long weekend and said bye to my girly :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Just sent one of ours away,for schooling. Looking at her empty stable is awful, and her friends don't help as they stand at the gateway calling her, and waiting for her to be turned out.
I know she is safe and cared for, goodness knows how difficult it would be were it a worse scenario.

I agree with you about the worse scenario, thankfully that is not the case for Cam. I am just so used to having him there. Maybe I should go back to having them in livery. Of course I wouldn't as it is a different world having them on the doorstep. Just know I will miss his goofiness so much. :) xx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
When you have a special bond with a horse they are so much more than just a horse.

We have to do what is best for them and be strong through our tears.

I'll admit I cried when I went on holiday for a long weekend and said bye to my girly :)

Oh I agree. Just feels easier to send the kids off to stay away. Oh naughty me, shouldn't have said that. But I guess it is easier because we can give them the choice, but for our horses, we have to make that choice for them. xx

Tobiano

Visit site
Oh dear! You and Cam have such a strong bond! Will you still see him often if he goes away, or is it more like a retirement / rehab livery type of arrangement? If you don't want him to go, can't you keep him at home? x

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oh dear! You and Cam have such a strong bond! Will you still see him often if he goes away, or is it more like a retirement / rehab livery type of arrangement? If you don't want him to go, can't you keep him at home? x

He will be just over an hour away. I can't think of anywhere better to send him. He will get herd turnout which he doesn't have at home, plus fairly unlimited land. We don't have loads of land at home and whilst it is enough for all of them to have a buck and a fart, it isn't the same as being able to charge around over acres of good pasture with friends. What I really hope is that a year of 'running free' will help. If it doesn't, we lose nothing and he will come back home. If it does, it will be amazing. xx

Clare85

Visit site
They always break our hearts, but we couldn't be without them :( not sure if you've seen the 'just a horse' video on YouTube but I love the quote that appears in it - "some of my saddest moments have been brought about by 'just a horse', and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of 'just a horse' gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day". Hugs x

Bernster

Visit site
Ahh you've made me tear up! I went through the same, but didn't have the added wrench of having mine at home so an even more obvious hole. But what got me through it was knowing it was the right thing to do and that I'd found a lovely holiday home. And the hope that it's only temporary and I'll have my horse back and refreshed soon enough. And now it's 2016 already, time passes quickly. What kind of turn away are you thinking of? And you def can't keep him at home? Eta just seen your post about better turnout etc., which makes total sense.

It's hard, and an emotional time, you have my sympathies but you have his best interests at heart. He'll love it I'm sure

nikicb

www.facebook.com
They always break our hearts, but we couldn't be without them :( not sure if you've seen the 'just a horse' video on YouTube but I love the quote that appears in it - "some of my saddest moments have been brought about by 'just a horse', and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of 'just a horse' gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day". Hugs x

Oh goodness, I am not sure I could actually watch that without dissolving. They are certainly not 'just a horse'! xxx

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Ahh you've made me tear up! I went through the same, but didn't have the added wrench of having mine at home so an even more obvious hole. But what got me through it was knowing it was the right thing to do and that I'd found a lovely holiday home. And the hope that it's only temporary and I'll have my horse back and refreshed soon enough. And now it's 2016 already, time passes quickly. What kind of turn away are you thinking of? And you def can't keep him at home? Eta just seen your post about better turnout etc., which makes total sense.

It's hard, and an emotional time, you have my sympathies but you have his best interests at heart. He'll love it I'm sure

I know you have done the same thing. I am just pathetically really struggling with this. No he doesn't HAVE to go. But it is a good opportunity for him and he will be quite happy I am sure. I am usually quite a strong person, but will miss my bog monster. xx

Clare85

Visit site
Oh goodness, I am not sure I could actually watch that without dissolving. They are certainly not 'just a horse'! xxx

It's an emotional video - I played it to my mother-in-law recently as she's never been a fan of horses and just couldn't understand my obsession - it explains perfectly! :)