Why is it so hard....

Snowberry

Visit site
Trying to find a loan home for Glen???
confused.gif

Hattie is out of 12.2's this year and is getting too big for him, we had a sharer on the yard but she's a real novice learning to ride and Glen is definitely getting bored of going round and round and round. He likes to be out doing and this girl is just wanting to walk and trot
confused.gif

Anyway, I decided to advertise him for loan. I put an ad in the paper and I've had hundred of people calling asking for a lead rein pony or wanted to do pure showjumping!!
confused.gif

I've tried the local paper, local shop and I'm gonna call Pony club but any ideas where else I can advertise? I'm not desperate but I'd like someone to compete him next season or take him out to ponyclub etc. It seems such a waste to retire him in the field
frown.gif
frown.gif
Or maybe I'm just being too sentimental?

Snowberry

Visit site
I want him to stay pretty local, unless it was someone I knew. I dont want to and wont ever sell him cos i am hoping my younger 2 will someday want to ride and Glen is as bombproof as they come (so long as he isnt on the hunting field!!
shocked.gif
LOL)

wizzi901

www.pony4u.co.uk
it seems hard at this height, I had problems with my little ones, there seems a distinct lack of capable kids for this height pony!!

Try horsequest, they seem to go quite quickly if you have a capable pony!

Snowberry

Visit site
I think thats the problem - capable kids!! Most people that are calling have 5 or 6yr olds that are just off leadrein. Glen is a super pony but not a very, very first pony cos he's like sh1t off a stick in a jump off!!! LOL
I just feel guilty retiring him and thought there would be kids out there wanting a pony to win on?! Maybe I should just not feed Hattie anymore, shrink her?! LOL Bloody kids why do they insist on growing!!
mad.gif

Patchwork

Visit site
Have a chat to local Pony Club DCs - they will often know who is looking for a pony and will be happy to pass on your number or put something in their newsletter/on their website, especially if the pony is known locally.

smile.gif