Why is it that...........??

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I am looking around for a horse to buy in june i know imk daft looking now but i really want to get something that i will keep forever and enjoy. I really like the highland ponys but they are going for a small fortune 6-7K +. I know that is the type of horse that I want or a small cobby type like that but i could never afford to pay that unless i win the lottery this weekend. What other type of horses that have that temp or big build could i get and not pay that amount?? All the cheap horse have problems everyone tells me?? is this true! I am not looking untill june as i have a TB on loan and that is when he will be going back to his owner!
A bit of a moan really!! Sorry

KatB

Visit site
Good ol' gyppo cob!!
grin.gif

ArleyMoss

www.arleyridingschool.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
All the cheap horse have problems everyone tells me??

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on your view of cheap!

If you get a well breed sort after type horse for a bargain (even if it's £6k) then there must be a reason!

but paying £2 - 3K for a steady quite natured type horse is fine!

sammys ma

Visit site
definitely a Coloured Cob!....some are going for stoopid amounts, but if you look around and fing the right places, you can easily get one within budget.

they are also cheap to run, as they're good doers and rarely brake down!!

Fab temperaments and can turn a hoof to anything!!

KateStartin

Visit site
Wow 6-7k for a highland,i knew they had a bit pricey recently but that is a bit silly..... maybe we should sell ours!
seriously keep looking, there are some fab cob types out there and they are not that much.

kirstyfk

Visit site
I'm sure If you come up to the Highlands they arn't that expensive. A man how used to come on her breed Highlands in Aviemore. I will try and get his website for you.

Law

Visit site
I used to live in the Highlands and had a Highland and he was only £600. He was Croila (ormiston-well bred) and i'm sure they don't go for £6-7K up there. I would look in the Highlands if you can afford to transport one down from there. There is a bloke Graham Hamilton (Gordon hamilton?) I can find the number if needed who transports lots of horses around the country. I had my highland brought 500 miles for less than £300. just a thought if a highland is what you really want.
http://www.ormistonhighlands.com/ there is a for sale section on his website.

Scarlett

Visit site
I have a cracking little highland that i couldnt get sold over the summer - was looking for a great deal less than 6k as well!

Great ponies to own, strong and cheeky - just how i like them....

Chumsmum

Visit site
I really like Highlands too or perhaps Welsh cob type? I'm not sure of my pony's breeding but I'm sure he has got some Welsh in him and I think he's fab! I'm sure you will find something for 3K, just keep looking and something will come up
smile.gif