why is it

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Some people insist on telling you what you should do with your horses and how you should go about it
confused.gif

I was asked today if I was taking hunting this season and I said no.......This prompted a load of 'why' questions so i explained that she's a bugger for getting over-excited and trying to throw me off, if she unseats me she will buck like a b!tch until I hit the deck and then she eff's off, she doesn't like other horses coming too close to her and she panics (ended up nearly going over the arena fence yesterday god knows how many times and she tried to kick anything that came close to her), I can't jump her (well I can but I don't want to), she's very strong and it would do my shoulder in because I wouldn't want to put her in a strong bit and the whole experience would probably blow her brain.
I then got told how silly those reasons were and how I should do things in order to take her. I was trying to say things to her but was just being constantly interrupted and the whole thing really got my back up, after all, she is my horse at the end of the day and if I don't want to do something with her then I don't have to and I shouldn't have to answer to anybody
mad.gif
frown.gif

JessPickle

Visit site
I know the feeling. People just dont understand what you like to do and why you do one thing and not the other. Like I have never ever been to a show outside of my yard which is alien to most people I would like to at some point but I cant afford it at the moment.

You do whats best for your horse and you. she obviously doesnt enjoy hunting that much and neither do you. if neither of you can enjoy it why go?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
The thing is she's never been and I had no intention of ever taking her when I have another horse in the opposite stable who is a demon on the hunting field so why would I take the big psycho who will happily make me eat turf over my slightly smaller ripper of a hunter! The mind boggles
crazy.gif

pottamus

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
she's a bugger for getting over-excited and trying to throw me off, if she unseats me she will buck like a b!tch until I hit the deck and then she eff's off, she doesn't like other horses coming too close to her and she panics (ended up nearly going over the arena fence yesterday god knows how many times and she tried to kick anything that came close to her), I can't jump her (well I can but I don't want to), she's very strong and it would do my shoulder in because I wouldn't want to put her in a strong bit and the whole experience would probably blow her brain.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!! You have just described why I won't take my boy hunting...described it down to a tee!!!!
People are pains in the behind to be honest...I no longer even get in the debate...I don't have to justify what I do with my horse to anyone 'end of'!!!!! Just do what you do and ignore them...

GTs

Visit site
If you are not bothered about hunting, and she is good at her job that is fine - but if you enjoy hunting and can't because of these I think it is quite sad.

GTs

Visit site
Oh sorry - I did not get that far down - well it seems silly racing a Toyota when you have a Porsche in the garage.

Dogbetty141

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh sorry - I did not get that far down - well it seems silly racing a Toyota when you have a Porsche in the garage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very Funny like it.