Why is this forum so addictive?

mightymammoth

Visit site
I find this forum so addictive often just "pop" on and 2 hours later am still going through threads! It's not as if I even really have time to burn the midnight oil especially as I have to be up at 5.30am.
I don't know what's more addictive this forum or buying rugs but hope I'm not the only person like this..

Shantara

Visit site
I'm just the same!
I have even had a few thread which have got quite heated and I got extremely upset by things that were said...I clicked off this site...2mins later...I was back, haha!

mightymammoth

Visit site
Annielusian me to lol and minxgti I sit downstairs with my laptop then come to bed and straight on my phone to see what I've missed, I'm sure I will get a life at some point!

Mare Stare

Visit site
Me too!

I think it's because I don't have many horsey friends in RL so here I can just let all my pent up horsiness go. I learn lots too.

Cobber

Visit site
Haha i was wondering this the other day!! Im contantly dipping on and off during the day but i look forward to sitting down in the evening with a cup of tea and the laptop and browsing the forums, I hope ill come across an interesting 'debate' but when I do I wish i hadnt as I spend hours reading them!!

And its always 'ill come off at ten, ok then half ten, hmm eleven then, might as well make it twelve, I absoloutly must stop at half twelve, its one o clock why cant i stop reading, Ok ill wait for the laptop battery to die then ill go to bed'

(and here I am at half one in the morning but its a weekend, im skint and have no social life so im allowed!)

millreef

Visit site
I stopped coming here for a while due to several reasons (mainly because my brother-in-law and his wife came to stay with us for over a month)! When I came back it was like meeting an old friend again:)

Pedantic

Visit site
Because we humans are all basically rubber neckers, who can't resist looking at train and car crash's, we jut hhhhaaaaavvvvvvvve to look ;)
Oh and of course, some like to wind people up and reel them in like fish on a hook, straight into the keep net, not that I would ever do such a thing........

Last edited:

diet2ride

Visit site
Millreef... I'm had similar thought.

what with Christmas and everything I've tended to just put a bit on Facebook -you don't have to read loads on there-

I found time this week to log back onto here and I was like 'ahh home', I've never posted on here loads but I do enjoy reading the threads and I even think I like the colour scheme... how sad am I lol.

VixieTrix

Visit site
It's even worse having Internet on your phone! I'm popping on here all the time!

I am quite glad i don't have internet on phone :eek: lol

I really like belonging to a forum can't believe i didn't sign up before, bored all my friends with my horse talk :eek: it's nice for everyone to share their good news and lots of support for any bad news :(

canteron

Visit site
It makes it more 'normal' to be horsey - in real life a lot of people aren't that interested with the minutia of horses (what they eat, when to worm, what to wear, how to load a horse, etc, etc).

-

Liostro

Visit site
I'm exactly the same my partner is constantly asking me if I'm on 'that site!!' again!!!! and at work I look at it on my phone and the day then flies by!!!!! I find it really helpful for information and advise however sometimes a little confusing as everyone has different opinions I suppose!!!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I find everyone here very interesting and friendly, everyone seems to have a gsoh and supportive. Oh and everyone has a horse or two:)

Now.... Will someone PLEEASE tell me to go and do some hoovering!!!! The house is a right state!

Goldenstar

Visit site
OH rides and hunts but when he gets off the horse he never gives them another thought, I can talk horse 24/7 so this a way of doing without driving OH mad.
It much more fun than house work which I am usually avoiding when I am on here and you learn lots of stuff have a laugh it's fun

sandi_84

Visit site
Me and the mothership are having to share a laptop atm because my one died... lets be honest she's not getting much use out of hers since I found HHO! :D
I'm on every night and most days when I get a few minutes to spare, can't help it! There are loads of interesting things going on here, I'm always banging on to my sister about how funny/sad/interesting/instructive the posts are and how helpful people are when you have a question. Love it! It's like a horse care manual/diary/comedy all rolled into one! :D

welsh horse rider

Visit site
I can't seem to log on here for half hour always on here for 1 hour plus my dad goes nuts at night with me on my laptop when he's watching tv..... if i go in another room he still goes nuts because he thinks i am ignoring him lol

VickyP

Visit site
It's terrible, I've been lurking for ages and only took the plunge to actually sign up and post a short while back, but yes it's addictive!

bumblelion

Visit site
Time certainly does fly when you're on here! I find that over the years i'v had a few breaks from it, always come back though!! Nice to see lots of new people joining up too! Years ago it was nice as I had quite a few people I'd gotten friends with, they've all gone now!! Come back!

BlairandAzria

Visit site
I stopped coming here for a while due to several reasons (mainly because my brother-in-law and his wife came to stay with us for over a month)! When I came back it was like meeting an old friend again:)

Millreef i was thinking about you the other day, wondering if you were okay as i hadnt seen any posts by you in a while! Im glad youre back!, i always find you such a considerate, thoughtful and friendly poster......ps..how is your anniversary present getting on? :D

Fellewell

Visit site
Not many people know this, but H&H have devised a programme which controls all its readers by flashing subliminal messages across the screen as you read.

These messages are imperceptible to the human eye but if you doubt their effectiveness try clicking you fingers next to a HHO member with 500+ posts. They will instantly go into a trance and possibly stop smoking/buy a rug.

Not only that but if you were to stray onto Horse & Rider forum you would suddenly become cold and clammy and suffer prolonged bouts of uncontrollable flatulence. This is known as aversion therapy, it's another one of their tricks and it means YOU CAN NEVER LEAVE:eek:

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I find this forum so addictive often just "pop" on and 2 hours later am still going through threads! It's not as if I even really have time to burn the midnight oil especially as I have to be up at 5.30am.
I don't know what's more addictive this forum or buying rugs but hope I'm not the only person like this..

Haha, think it has that effect on alot of us.
I remember the day I joined, I went mad posting, not only had I never been on a forum in my life, but had no idea of the whole world of horsey forums out there, it was a revelation :D

5horses2dogsandacat

Generally on a hill.. when not blown off the side.
Visit site
Im the same, its either this or ebay... and facebook.. but only to see whats happpening in the for sale/loan page..I like to check threads Ive posted on to see if anyone agrees or disagrees and tells me Im an idiot... Generally I just get ignored lol

Worst time to post I find is that before bed stage or if Ive sat all day doing uni work on my laptop... I either post random things I think are funny however I dont know if people get my humour or I go online shopping and spend money I shouldnt...

No wonder we have to find ways to short cut everyday jobs, think how much more time we would have in the day if we didnt sit on forums or facebook. But then again its a fantastic way to find things out and other peoples opinions.

reddie

Visit site
I have periods when I'm quite addicted and go on most evenings. I don't post that much, but enjoy NL, AAD and Soapbox. Its a great place for advice, interesting stories and of course all the entertaining things such as trolls, bust ups etc.