Why is this happening?!!

Fools Motto

Visit site
I'm in the process of horse shopping / ownership again after 4 + years of being horseless - and saying I never would own again ;0
A few promising starts have fallen through, but hey ho, that happens. I have a criteria, ideally a mare, not a grey, and anything 14.2-15.2 TB/Connie/welsh/NF types 4yrs-14yrs for happy hacking, low key stuff/bringing on. Flexible really!!
17hh OTT gelding has been recommended for me and I'm interested lol
Watch this space.

catkin

Visit site
Since when did a mere human get to pick their horse rather than the other way round ;) ?

I'm sure these darned equines have some secret internet - 'oooh look, a good home looking for a horse, who fancies this one then?......... nah, doesn't matter that you look nothing like whats on the wishlist, if you fancy that home ..... '

DirectorFury

Visit site
I’m another who ended up with the exact opposite of what they were looking for! I’ve been strict about sticking to criteria this time and haven’t found the ‘one’ nearly 4 years later.

mini_b

Visit site
I wanted rideable.
I wanted point and shoot.
Something that I didn’t need to change my jods every time I got off ?

I categorically did not want another project horse. But...He has taught me many lessons to set me up for the next one that will inevitably end up in my lap. We aren’t going to win badders but it so rewarding seeing him transform to a functioning member of society.

Good luck on your search - what will be will be x

Caol Ila

Visit site
I started off looking for a 4 year old Highland I could start this year, and I've ended up with a 2 year old PRE who I will start....sometime....... that definitely isn't this year.

Got to the yard today and my friends were all schooling together and having a great time. I remember schooling with friends, riding quadrille patterns, pissing about like that. Then I felt a bit depressed. My old girl had to be 100% retired from schooling, and my new one (due to arrive at yard on March 4th) will be, well.... 2. Someone remind me why I bought a baby.

Last edited:

PSD

Visit site
I wanted something laid back and sensible to hack and just enjoy. I ended up being chosen by a very opinionated 2 year old fell filly. Love her to pieces, but I wonder daily why I bought a youngster...I miss riding and do not miss the attitude problems that young horses have!

southerncomfort

Visit site
I started off looking for a 4 year old Highland I could start this year, and I've ended up with a 2 year old PRE who I will start....sometime....... that definitely isn't this year.

Got to the yard today and my friends were all schooling together and having a great time. I remember schooling with friends, riding quadrille patterns, pissing about like that. Then I felt a bit depressed. My old girl had to be 100% retired from schooling, and my new one (due to arrive at yard on March 4th) will be, well.... 2. Someone remind me why I bought a baby.

Because babies are bloomin good fun.

I absolutely love doing all the early handling, teaching them to pick up feet etc, going out for lovely long walks and generally teaching them how to be a happy, sensible member of society.

Watching them learn and bloom and become confident in themselves. Its all really rewarding!

I'm having a blast with my youngster.

Before the endless ice age stopped play, we'd just started long reining.

If you've got a curious youngster that loves to learn it's all just an absolute joy.

You are going to have so much fun!!

Hexx

Visit site
Fools Motto - If you are looking for a Connie, I know someone that buys from Ireland and brings them on - she has some really nice types in. PM me if you want her details.

Fools Motto

Visit site
Update... Said TB found a lovely home - but sadly not with me. I guess it wasn't to be. I found a lovely coloured cob x mare, but she was REALLY lame on viewing, so still looking. I've got some lovely friends now on the lookout for me, and a few contact numbers to call with some possible as yet, not advertised horses.
I'll still TRY to stick to my brief!! lol

Pippity

Visit site
I went out looking for a 5/6yo sensible-but-green type, around 15hh, preferably a mare, preferably not grey or coloured, probably a cob just due to weight-carrying requirements, but not a traditional.

I came home with a rising 6yo, 14.3hh bay HW cob mare. Sometimes sticking to your brief works out!

Squeak

Visit site
Update... Said TB found a lovely home - but sadly not with me. I guess it wasn't to be. I found a lovely coloured cob x mare, but she was REALLY lame on viewing, so still looking. I've got some lovely friends now on the lookout for me, and a few contact numbers to call with some possible as yet, not advertised horses.
I'll still TRY to stick to my brief!! lol

Shame about the TB. I'm sure a 17.1 grey TB mare is about to find you soon ;)

hock

Visit site
One of mine looks remarkably like a 16hh bog trotter with a shitty attitude amd still semi feral. But she can’t be I went looking for. Sleek black 3 yr old for dressage with a kind and biddable temperament.

Maybe is a sign telling you to get 2 ?‍♀️. Good luck on the hunt!

Fools Motto

Visit site
He loved the fuss, and the pony nuts!!, but was quite cautious of his legs being touched - the hinds out of bounds for now. His feet haven't been touched in about 2 years.