Why Should I bother going hunting

rocketdog69

Visit site
Hey guys, why should i bother.

Two weeks ago I spoke to the Avon Vale Secretary who assured me she would send me all the relevant information with regards to hunting with them. So far I havent received a thing.

At the same time I left a message on the answering service of the hunt secretary for the south and west wilts. I've heard nothing back.

You would think in this day and age that they would be keen for new members!

Why should I bother if they cant be bothered!

dsophiea

Visit site
thats unfair, my local hunt have sent me all details etc and an invite to a ball or something and ive never hunted with them in my life? is there another hunt you could go with?

Maisy

Visit site
Cos its great fun???

I was wondering whether to bother myself this year, as the thought of bathing horsey in the cold, cleaning tack over and over, and generally being outside for longer than absolutely necessary sounds mad....but then I remember how much fun it is, and sent my cheque off this morning!!!

Starbucks

Visit site
You have to remember that the people you have been dealing with are normal people, with Jobs and families and busy lives!! Why should they bother to put so much unpaid effort into thier sport? Well because they enjoy it I guess and are trying to do the best they can!

If you want to go then go, if you don't then don't. Don't think you are doing anyone a favour.

Honeybee

photobucket.com
You’re very right Starbank! I know our hunt Secretary is always really busy.
Hunting is so much fun sometimes I forget how much I enjoy until I’m on the hunting field again.. Go and enjoy yourself….

rocketdog69

Visit site
I dont think I'm doing anyone a favour.

I want to support my local hunt by joining in!!!!

I desperately want to go but if No-one gets back to me how am I supposed to know where, when and what time!

Mickeymoo

Visit site
I was like you cecildog, for 2 seasons I tried to get in with a hunt and they wouldn't send me a hunt card.

I finally went last sunday, had the worst time ever, as they didn't run, and it blew my horses brain.

They went through bog in woods, then turned round and went back through it - whats that all about..

So horse came home minus 2 shoes, slashed leg and cut and bruised mouth as he was such a goon. I spent all day yesterday nearly in tears as I had put my lovely horse through such an ordeal.

take it as an omen and go with someone else.

combat_claire

www.freewebs.com
I'm sorry you didn't have a good time. All the threads about autumn hunting on here should have made it clear that at this time of the year there is very little gallopy gallopy, jumpy, jumpy. That is for after the opening meet. Don't let this one experience put you off.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
Hi, thanks for your helpful reply combat claire, I went out with my regular group last week ( i have been out for 5 seasons now) and it was totally different.

The Hunt I went out with on Sunday are renowned for being slow and standing around, so I should have listened to my instinct.

Mickeymoo

Visit site
I have been using glymol, and i rode him this morning with vasaline in the corners of his mouth, and he worked lovely, was so light, and soo sound, thank god.

x

secretarybird

New User
Visit site
As a Hunt Secretary I try to respond to enquiries promptly but this isn't always possible and I do sometimes forget especially if others are slow getting info to me (We are only human after all!)

Would suggest a follow up call to remind them of their promise