Pictures Why you should always wear appropriate footwear at the yard...

JJS

Visit site
No, this is not a thread full of grisly pictures of skinned feet or squashed toes, but rather an ode to my beloved eight-year old Ugg boots. Today as I was walking back to the field with Flower, I heard a rather shocking tearing sound, and in the same instant realised my sock felt suddenly wet, squelchy, and cold. Looking down in horror, I saw the whole upper of my right boot had torn clean off. Miss Clodhopper feet had only gone and stood on the side, whilst my oblivious self carried right on walking :rolleyes:

Between us, we managed to tear them in half, which meant a slightly undignified hop-along motion characterised the rest of our walk - a rather risky affair given said baby horse's recent misdemeanour. So, the moral of the story for you all: unless you want a highly unpleasant and rather embarrassing trip through the farm yard, try not to wear shoes that are incapable of withstanding a big-footed yearling who's a little lacking in spacial awareness ;)

Last ever picture of said boots, right besides the sizeable hoof that would prove to be their end :eek: My farrier always says she has Shire horse feet!

q5iHCeG.jpg

ImmyS

Visit site
RIP boots.
She is lovely, and getting so big! She’s looks like she’ll be a similar build to my 4 year old Welsh d x trad cob. Be interested to see how they compare in build when flower is fully grown.

Celtic Fringe

Visit site
Is it just me or do Flower's legs and your boots look quite matchy-matchy :D
Perhaps she thought you should have footwear that contrasts instead of matching ;)

She is utterly gorgeous and must not listen to your farrier - a splendid cob needs splendid legs and hooves :)

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Damn, I was totally hoping for a grisly pic! Am I evil? :oops:

I’m a lazy cow and generally turn up at the yard in whatever shoes I was wearing at work. Luckily, it’s usually Doc Martens.

How is that tiny horse suddenly so massive? She looks like a mate’s cob, cracking horse.