WHY???

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Can people just not be honest??

I went to see a little mare this morning. during the phone call I asked the owner if it was 100% safe on every front. "yes, a real angel". Has it ever had any health problems? "noooo". Is it experienced? "she's 10 and done everything". asked her to leave the mare out so i could see what it was like being caught and we'd go from there.

Get there to find the mare in a stable. This pony was OBESE. a laminitis case if ever i saw it. She'd got a friend's child to ride it for me. It went sweetly in the field, a little sharp but nothing too bad.
I asked if we might go for a walk down the road, lady ummed and ahhed, then realised I was being serious, I wanted to see what it was like away from the yard.
OMFG. let's just say IMO it hadnt seen a car before. It literally flew down that road at the sight of a car in the distance. Kid flapping her little legs, pony galloping full pelt, it was like something out of thelwell, only horrifying. Kid eventually stopped it at the bend and trotted it back, napping and bucking. for the pice de resistance, it shoved it's head down and the girl almost went off the front.
shocked.gif

AND to top it all the lady couldnt understand why i said thanks but no thanks. She offered to knock some money off, then got quite ratty with me and said I hadnt stated I wanted something very experienced.
mad.gif

WHY can people just not be honest from the start?? saves their time and mine, and my poor mate who took the morning off work to come with us.
mad.gif

claire1976

Visit site
OMG, how awful, I feel sorry for the poor kid who was used as a guinea pig on this pony!
Its really stupid to mis-describe a pony this way, clearly they are going to get found out when you go and view it!!
Perhaps she thought you'd pay her,load it up and she'd be rubbing her hands in glee.Silly woman.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
she was a traveller type. She had about 15 shetties in this field, all fat. To top it all, she wanted a grand for it! The kid was obviously well used to riding these ponies, she had a seat like glue. Either that or the lady tied her on the pony.....

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I simply want what seems to be like hen's teeth round here. A approx 10hh shetland type, been there, done that, 100% kid proof, etc etc, something that just wants to plod down the road and back a couple of times a week. it's for my 2yr old who's going to be lR for another 3 years or so, and my 6yr old who will be ready to come off LR next year.

claire1976

Visit site
Yep, too true.
Good luck with your search, prob not best time of year to look - doesn't seem much around at the moment.Our local admag usually has a couple of pages of horses but last week only one column.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I have been trawling the internet nightly, and been to view three so far. I always get my hopes up, and get bitterly disappointed. That wouldnt be so bad, but the pony isnt even for me, and the kids don't know about it yet!!
blush.gif
I'm like a kid, I really am...

claire1976

Visit site
I know, I was getting sore eyes myself from searching for a 'perfect' horse for my sister. I think we've found it now and arrives on Sunday. I found it by posting a 'wanted'on this forum and someone PM'd me - worth a try??
Whereabouts are you?

claire1976

Visit site
Oh dear!
frown.gif

Well, good luck in your search, try putting some wanted ad's on various websites etc as you never know. Think you might have to be willing to travel a bit. I found out that its just not possible to get the horse we wanted close to home, had to look further afield but worth it.
I'll keep my ears to the ground and PM you if I hear of anything.
Good luck!
smile.gif