Wide Tred stirrups - never seen these before....

S_N

Visit site
This should probably be in the Stable Yard, but has anyone ridden in these? What do people think? Are they dressage legal?

stirrups400.jpg

Jemayni

Visit site
MY mum uses something very similar because she arthiritus(sp) in her knees and sciatica. She loves them! Dont know about dressage though, she uses safety stirrups for tests, purely because it is a small pony and it just makes it all look tidier!

spaniel

Visit site
Ive not tried them but have heard they are a lot more comfortable as they hang facing forward to back unlike 'normal' stirrups.

They are hellish expensive though and if you fancy a pair like these you might find its cheaper to buy from one of the Icelandic horse sites where they have been used for many, many years.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ive not tried them but have heard they are a lot more comfortable as they hang facing forward to back unlike 'normal' stirrups.

They are hellish expensive though and if you fancy a pair like these you might find its cheaper to buy from one of the Icelandic horse sites where they have been used for many, many years.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are Heather Moffat ones - there is an offer on atm for a pair of these + dressage leathers for £90! Considering Spengers are that price and those new stirrups with the twisty tops are around the £100 figure, it possibley a good deal.

By dressage leathers, I mean these sort
pleathers2_l.jpg

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not seen this design before. Do they hang better with the slot like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

With the slot like that, there is no twisting of the leather to put the foot in the stirrup.

Enfys

Visit site
1.gif
Here they are: www.bettersaddles.co.uk

I suppose an item is only worth what you are willing to pay. If they helped I'd probably pay that too, although I'd take Spaniels advice and have a look at alternatives too. (Hello Spaniel, Hope you are well. Happy Christmas)

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I saw them advertised in H&H when I was in the UK. Too expensive for my liking though!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How are MY stirrups? Have they been pinkified yet? 'supose you could change the black rubber for pink!! *shakes head*

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I've got the HM stirrups and leathers - they're fantastic... well worth the money. I find my feet are much more stable in the stirrups and the treads are slightly angled to help keep your heel down. The leather of the leathers is also the softest I've ever come across
smile.gif

Patches

Visit site
I've got some similar ones, just not such a wide tread, but they are flexi stirrups too...

DSC00217.jpg

Very comfy but not sure I'd pay for them again now I have them, only in that I'm not sure their price is justified. Certainly very secure though and for those who feel the leathers pinch them or their ankles and knees hurt on long hacks...they're perfect.

I'm guessing I might get more use out of them when I do some LDR next year with Sport Endurance.

S_N

Visit site
O *hangs head and slumps shoulders* was all excited for minute then! What make are they? Never seen them before. PF has my Sprengers now - well, they're hers now
smirk.gif

Patches

Visit site
Would have been fabulous if they were blue eh? lol

They are MDC Ultimate Stirrups and I'm ashamed to admit I happily shelled out £111 for them as I never asked the retailer how much they were before I got to the till! Whoops!

They are lovely for hacking and great for finding your stirrups again if you happen to lose one whilst riding. I can have them on 45 degrees or 90 degree angles. Certainly make long hacks far more comfortable and sitting trot seems different in them somehow, seems the stirrups absorb some of the bounce for you. I guess they don't help a toe-pointer-out-rider like me much though!

I do like them, just don't like the price tag really. However, like I said, if I do some of the Sport Endurance rides next year I'll feel able to more justify their expense.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
I also have a pair of these which came with my endurance horse and his podium saddle:

http://www.performance-equestrian.com/cat/cat020500x-item_1.html

When I first rode him I thought I was going to get catapulted out of the saddle - they are that flexible! If you stand in your stirrups whilst trotting they absorb all the movement! But you quickly get used to them and they give the comfiest ride. I wouldn't like to school in them - too much bounce! - but for hacking and especially longer rides they are unbeatable.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No they're not...they are grey, pale grey, but grey all the same.

PMSL!

[/ QUOTE ]
They look blue to me! Match your numnah beautifully
smile.gif

Watch out though as CN might be pinching them!!

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
I WOULD NOT!!!! They look too lovely on the delicious Patches!!! Clare already has a blue velvet saddle cloth that was Topper's anyways!! So neeerrrrrr
r070.gif