Pictures Will she ever grow into those ears?

JJS

Visit site
It's one of life's great mysteries, albeit one that there is - as yet - no answer for. Flower foal's ears remain big enough to pick up communications from any alien life forms that are out there, leaving a slight suspicion that she may be half mule after all! :p

For those who enjoy a little trip down memory lane, we've gone from this...

5x1iIxFl.jpg

... to this...

7WGPj1Fl.jpg

... and now we appear to have stuck at this! :D

QVc4t2Fl.jpg

Thankfully, the rest of her, rain drenched and muddy as she might be, is now far more in proportion, although still bum high (I suspect she'll always be built a little like that, TBH).

QdLH8hHl.jpg

So, anyone want to take any guesses as to whether they'll be forever this way, or whether there is still some small glimmer of possibility that she might actually grow into them? Personally, I'm opting for the former ;)

Baroque

Visit site
Another one here with a soft spot for big ears. All the ones I've had with big ears have been honest as the day's long. I'm insanely envious of you having that cracking filly!

Reactions: JJS

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Where exactly did they come from, I don’t remember Mary with big lugs and dad if dad shouldn’t!

Most horses look like they’ve got big ones to me though, we have Arab ones and welsh ones, all small ;)

Mule

Visit site
Where exactly did they come from, I don’t remember Mary with big lugs and dad if dad shouldn’t!

Most horses look like they’ve got big ones to me though, we have Arab ones and welsh ones, all small ;)
Irish draughts have neat little ears too.

JJS

Visit site

I think they're cob ears on a Welsh head. Mary's are probably the same size, but she has bigger proportions overall to balance them out. Well, either that, or her sire really was a donkey! :p

94J3d0Ql.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
Flower really is cute, what a good bogof!

My welsh x Tb has teeny lug holes too 😂

Attachments

• 4FA99E64-71DA-4E27-9489-51E84824BB59.jpeg
    4FA99E64-71DA-4E27-9489-51E84824BB59.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 13

Antw23uk

Visit site
As a kid someone told me once that a horse with big ears is a very kind horse. I've never forgotten it and the horse was a bay mare on a dealers yard and i would have been about 8 or 9?. I have a mare with big ears and she is the kindest sweetest little thing ever .. but i am biased ;)
43131352100_aae85977d1.jpg

Pippity

Visit site
Fingers crossed she doesn't grow into them! I love a pair of big old lugs.

(Also, that photo of Flower and Mary looking over the fence really shows what a pretty face and kind eye Mary has.)

atropa

Visit site
Flower is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful bargain! I don't think her ears look out of proportion at all, but I love the idea that big ideas = honest horse. My youngest has huge ears (was once actually mistaken for a donkey :|) and she is very honest.

Fiona

Visit site
It's one of life's great mysteries, albeit one that there is - as yet - no answer for. Flower foal's ears remain big enough to pick up communications from any alien life forms that are out there, leaving a slight suspicion that she may be half mule after all! :p

For those who enjoy a little trip down memory lane, we've gone from this...

5x1iIxFl.jpg

... to this...

7WGPj1Fl.jpg

... and now we appear to have stuck at this! :D

QVc4t2Fl.jpg

Thankfully, the rest of her, rain drenched and muddy as she might be, is now far more in proportion, although still bum high (I suspect she'll always be built a little like that, TBH).

QdLH8hHl.jpg

So, anyone want to take any guesses as to whether they'll be forever this way, or whether there is still some small glimmer of possibility that she might actually grow into them? Personally, I'm opting for the former ;)

My hubbys TB had tiny ears, and he was a gangster 🤣🤣

Fiona