will you always have a horse in your life ?

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
was just wondering how many of you will always have horses
or will you give up after your currant horse has gone ?

obviously if health no longer allows you to keep a horse thats different
smile.gif

being brought up with horses im sure i will always have one but i had a break for a while and felt lost although again i see them everyday anyway
how about you guys
smile.gif

kateknights

Visit site
Well after having a total break for 12 years (bearing children) of having/riding any horse.
I missed it truly.
Now I have my horse and can't imagine life without her, for me I am living the dream that I have wanted since I was a little girl, I have a lovely family a very understanding and supporting husband and a little cottage in the country with two acres and stables at the bottom of my garden.
So my answer to the above question is no i will never be without a horse or tow maybe!!!...???
Kate x

MizElz

Visit site
Will ALWAYS have a horse in my life.

I wanted to give up when i lost Mickey, but ellie restored my faith and showed me how, without horses, i am nothing. even if i lost her now, i'm mature enough to know i could never give them up!

PaintboxEDT

Visit site
i was ill yesterday and someone else fed my boy for me,i watched them out the window though so i wasnt to far away lol
felt a bit better today although still weak with dicky tummy but couldn't go another day without seeing him properly so went down to feed him etc myself
he made me feel better but by the time id finished i knew i wasn't as well as i thought lol
but glad i got out of the house !

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
I always said that Marsden would be the last horse I would ever ride and I wish I could have stuck to that. But 2 months after he'd gone I had to get back in the saddle. Took a while for it feel right again, but dont think Ill ever be without my 4 legged friends!

Enfys

Visit site
Probably not.

Could be a little difficult to keep one on a yacht, which is where OH plans to be living sometime in the future. I'll get a parrot!

To be honest I would rather like to be able to just up and go where the fancy takes me for once in my life.

hadfos

Visit site
i am not sure about this one??On one hand no i wouldnt but on the other yes i would,lol!!I would miss my boy terribly when he is gone and the thought of another in his place is unthinkable!!Also because we dont have our own land and pay livery it would be nice to have the money to ourselves and do things that we have put on hold,lol!!However it would all depend on what i would do without one and how much i would miss it!!!
confused.gif
Will let you all know in 60 years,lmao,well i can live in hope my boy will be around then
grin.gif
x

custard

Visit site
As long as I can physically darg myself on board I hope to have a horse. never did as a child/young person so making up for lost time. I'm lucky enough to be retiring in 8 years and looking forward to just 'playing' with my neds to my hearts content

snurse

Visit site
Can't imagine not having horses (and dogs) in my life. Even if I can't ride anymore, I shall have some old horse to look after, I expect.

mickey

Visit site
I don't know. Whilst Mick is still going he will always have a home with me, as long as I am able to provide what he needs. After that, I don't know. I'd love to think so but it depends on my back and whether I still want to dedicate so much money and time to horses. I'm in right now because I love my horse, not necessarily because I need to have A horse.

Halfstep

Visit site
I had a break of seven years. It was awful. I yearned for horses. I used to dream about them, and if I saw them in a field I would stop and stare at them. It felt like there was a huge void in my life.

I can't say horses make me unconditionally happy as I worry about them all the time, but I can't imagine living a fulfilled life without them. I hope to have horses all my life. But if it ever came to the point where I couldn't look after them, I wouldn't have them. I hope it never comes to that.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I would like to think so, yes! Even if i couldn't ride, i would love to think i would still be involved with horses in one way or another.

Blizzard

Visit site
I hope to have Beau for another 20yrs,Lance is nearly 19 but Im hoping for a decent amount of time with him.

honestly... I dont think I will have another once Beau is gone, I love him so much that I dont think I could replace him, or want to. it will break my heart when I lose him.

Emsibuddy

Visit site
I havn't had a horse of my own yet, and don't know if I ever will, but i will try my best to either keep going to my RS or ride a friends horse etc. I don't know what I'd without them in my life.

Shrimp

Visit site
I would like to have horses always in my like but I know thats not going to be possible, starting from October next year
frown.gif

Im going to uni and i've always known I was going to have to sell my horse though it is going to be so hard and I will be heartbroken to part with Shrimp but its got to be done. I wouldnt be able to look after him at uni and I could never expenct my mum to look after him and also he would be wasted. I do hope to have horses after uni but I don't know what situation i'll be in in 4 years time.

TequilaMist

Visit site
As long as I am physically and finacially able yes think I will,can't imagine life without them!!
And if I can't well hopefully there will be horsey grandchildren!!!Tho hope thats WELL into future as daughter only 15!!
grin.gif

Iestyn

Visit site
Won't have any more - I have enjoyed it, still do but there are other things I want to do with my life wich having a horse won't let me do. I can see one around for the next couple of years and then I might call it a day with my own horse but would still like to ride out, school and maybe compete for friends etc.

Faithkat

Visit site
Nope. I am resigned to the fact that the foal I have just bred will be the last (unless, of course, I win the Lottery). By the time she is 4 and ready to back I will be on the verge of retiring which will be on the princely sum of just about £120 a week and there's no way I'll be able to afford my own. I shall offer my creaky, aged services to friends to help with theirs!