Will You Still......

_OC_

Visit site
be riding when you become a OAP ? After comeing back from the yard last night I spent the next couple of hours thinking......will I still be doing this in my old age and had lot's of "what if's".I guess it would be down to health and money mainly, at my friends yard that she was at ,one lady rode in her 80's and kept her horse on full livery,she went out on her own and at the time that really did amaze me....what do you lot think still riding into your 90's
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

happyhack

Visit site
when i was in newmarket a 70 yr old was still riding work. I say also if its good enough for the queen its good enough for me!!!
will 100% be riding well into my pension!!

riotgirl

Visit site
I hope so. My next door neighbour who instructs me and my girl is nearly 80 and still rides. She reckons it isn't so bad if you keep it up, it is just when you have a long break you feel a bit to fragile to be doing it!

Happytohack

Visit site
My friend's mum is 83 and still rides. My friend has Arabs and competes in endurance and her mother was still cantering them round the stubble fields last year! So there's hope for us all
smile.gif

debbielinder

Visit site
where our yard is the man that lives in the house there, was the master of the holcomb hunt for years and only stopped hunting at 83! hes 86 now and had to give up riding 2 years ago due to his arthritis if any one has the h&h from the wk before last, the holcomb hunt article, he is mentioned in that he was loony and still is!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Lady at our yard is 93 and still rides at least once a week amazingly!
She is far far from straight (to extent I wonder how she doesn't slip off side at times) but she still walks & trots and goes out for normally well over an hour each time for her hacks (wearing traditional hacking jacket
wink.gif
). Horse is a saint (although admittedly also arthritic but still hacks out happily). Bless her for her 90th Birthday she wanted to learn to jump YO thankfully persuaded her that trotting poles could be interpreted as jumping!!!!

Not sure I will still be riding at that age but I would want to ride as long as I was physically able as I think it definetly shows with this lady that the riding keeps her far more supple than she would be if she didn't!

GTs

Visit site
I used to play polo with a guy who was 78, he war mean, hit you hard, and talk smack (in Spanish) - he sold up a number of times, but kept being around it, trying horses and buying them.